Upgrade double din advice

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

mckeown

RMS Regular
Drives
mitsi outlander
Starting off to upgrade the headunit in the passat which is an 08 b6. I refuse to go down the route of an RNS510 as its too expensive. I require bluetooth calling and ipod control. This ipod lead needs to enter the unit at the back, and run to the glovebox out of siight. I dont want a lead sticking out the front. I have been looking at this unit-
Clarion VX404E 2-DIN BLUETOOH DVD MULTIMEDIA STATION WITH 6,2-INCH TOUCH PANEL CONTROL | Car Audio Direct
A big part of not going down the RNS route is the fact that ill be changing the car and wish to take the unit with me.

mckeown

RMS Regular
OP
mckeown
Drives
mitsi outlander
have you to buy the cage separately? also @Cartunes does that one you linked to come with an ipod lead?

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
the cage, ISO lead, Antenna adaptor and steering wheel controls are sorted with a complete install kit from www.connects2.co.uk - choose your kit carefully, then check flea-bay for the best price. On my last car, a 2013 Fiesta, the installation kit was £225 - but on the current Cartunes runaround, a 2009 Astra, it was £78 - prices vary from £40 - £250 depending on the car, but a big cost can be the facia. Having said that, the Passat should be cheaper as the facia is fairly flat and easier to manufacture.

As for the Head Unit USB lead (USB male to female lead supplied) - it's rear connected and will control iPhone or Android with your phone's own lead - I bought a spare that I leave in the car.

Give the Head Unit tech details a good read though - all the info you need is on there

passat kits.JPG

mckeown

RMS Regular
OP
mckeown
Drives
mitsi outlander
would you happen to know if an rcd300 radio is twin or single or even just the normal antenna adapter. I bought the clarion as its down to 150

mckeown

RMS Regular
OP
mckeown
Drives
mitsi outlander
does the patch lead just hook the radio up to the steering wheel controls? my car does not have any. Sorry for all the questions.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.