How many lorries to cripple a city?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

hutchy_belfast

RMS Regular
So after 100mins I've been in the car and managed to get from dundonald to the oval. Chewed through almost 1/4 of a tank and I'm going to have to pull off to get fuel.
How in the world can 1 lorry gridlock an entire city? Less disruption if it hadve delivered a huge bomb and blow up city hall ffs

avsd

RMS Regular
Drives
Mercedes/C350Est
The traffic jam I was in for over an hour was not on the M2 either but driving towards city centre from Old Park:worried:

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
Accidents like this are made worse by the idiots that either don't know what lane they need to be in or believe themselves to be smarter than everyone else and repeatedly switch lanes in an attempt to get home 30 seconds earlier !

pablo

RMS Moderator
Mrs is stuck on newtownards road/north road trying to get to glengormley. Can't think of anyway handy that avoids the obvious

TheLarneMan

RMS Regular
Drives
205GTI GolfR
I drove by the lorry about 15:30 and the traffic was shocking then. Can only imagine what it's like now...

hutchy_belfast

RMS Regular
OP
H
Last day in dundonald thank christ. Could be worse some poor bugger just burnt his clutch out on ballysillan. I've never seen anything like this traffic wise

adam1942

RMS Regular
Drives
2015 F56
..2hrs 25 minutes from the titanic quarter to Glengormley..... ended up going up threw the shankill ad over the hightown.... never again :worried:

BarryPort

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
There was supposed to be major alterations to Belfast's road network when they discovered a suicide victim on the M2 could shut the place down. (jumped off Fort William roundabout onto a bus in 2007).

Simon83

RMS Regular
I was taking the in laws to the city airport, it took 50 minutes from Hollywood exchange to the airport. I have never seen traffic like that

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.