Help with wheel fitment

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

jp112

RMS Regular
Drives
Exeo
hi all, just wondering if someone could help me out with fitment on wheels before I buy new.

Was wondering if a 9.5j et42 on 225,35,19 tyres Wud fit the back of a seat exeo ?

I don't want any rubbing or knocking issues as the car is lowered. Any advice appreciated thanks!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Assuming it has the 17's standard which are 7.5" wide and et42, that's 25mm less clearance you have inside. Not sure what space there is in there.

They'd also sit 25mm further out.

jp112

RMS Regular
OP
jp112
Drives
Exeo
Still a bit unclear, and yes they are standard 7.5" wheels. Apparently they are very similar to the B7 setup with offsets etc.. anyone fit to shed some light on a 9.5" on the back of an A4 B7?

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
image.jpeg
19" et 42 apollos on mine

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
The came off my Passat so had to add 10mm spacers to the rear to clear the shocks which meant the sat out a bit on the rear,though they never rubbed they didn't look right so I took them off

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
No didn't sit behind the arch but were the wrong offset for the exeo
They were 9.5 on the rear with stretched tyres and sat outside the arch,I'm sure if it was any lower(lowered 40mm) they would have rubbed

Can't you just get the correct offset ?

jp112

RMS Regular
OP
jp112
Drives
Exeo
No didn't sit behind the arch but were the wrong offset for the exeo
They were 9.5 on the rear with stretched tyres and sat outside the arch,I'm sure if it was any lower(lowered 40mm) they would have rubbed

Can't you just get the correct offset ?
They seem to only come in 42, whereas the 8.5 are 35 which would sit better I'm sure. I'm planning on going low so don't want any issues

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
42 will only go on with spacers or will hit the shocks
Wouldn't 35 be worse ?

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Did they tuck behind the arch, and was there enough clearance on the inside?

EDIT: Maybe it is safer to go for 8.5 all round then? To avoid complication ofc..

I think I'd stick with 8.5.

jp112

RMS Regular
OP
jp112
Drives
Exeo
Just to ask, majority of 8.5 wheels apparently don't fit because the offset was too high, 42+ can anyone clarify ?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.