Octavia VRS...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Passat was sold in December and have since been driving anything and everything (keep your eyes on the blog for reviews of them all) while looking for a suitable replacement that was fun and fast.

Had looked for 350Z and 5dr Focus ST but both are incredibly overpriced for nice ones. Then had a notion for Leon FR & Golf GTi but again they are hard to find at sensible money in good condition plus the golfs look boring as sin, so the next obvious choice was an Octavia and after a few weeks this one came up and a deal was done...

2006, TFSI with less than 70k on the clock.

Done so far:
Steam washed the outside
carbon fibre vinyl'd the gear knob where the chrome has flaked off
bluetooth fitted
changed the wheel centers to V logo ones

To do:
timing belt kit / water pump / plugs / oil & filter / thermostat
Revo Stage 1 software
shampoo interior
rear tints
a good buff / removal of some small dings
wheel refurb

VRS_01.JPG

VRS_02.JPG

VRS_03.JPG

VRS_04.JPG

VRS_05.JPG

VRS_06.JPG

VRS_07.JPG

VRS_08.JPG

VRS_09.JPG

VRS_10.JPG

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Cool cars. My sister has one identical bar its diesel. It is mapped and can shift alright. Nice and sneaky in black rather than blue.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Very nice, hell of a lot of car for the money.

Good to see you ditching the dirty derv in favour of a petrol!

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
Very nice. Severe lack of toys compared to the Passat!
Toys are for throwing out of the pram :p

Yes it is nothing on the spec of the passat but this thing will do about 10k miles less per year than the passat did so i won't miss the toys much as with around 250bhp soon this thing will go very very well indeed, i have so much love for the TFSI & TSI engines.

rosssei

RMS Regular
Lovely Graham - if you happen to find another one I could buy...that would be great ;) TFSI engine is a cracker - enjoy!

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
Lovely Graham - if you happen to find another one I could buy...that would be great ;) TFSI engine is a cracker - enjoy!

I will keep my eyes open, most of them have been well used and big miles, I got lucky just

purplea4T

RMS Regular
It's my ones' twin! It's really under the radar in black, mine gets mistaken for a police car regularly, especially with the RFZ plate! Can't believe how well it goes with a remap, so so torquey.
Just pray you don't have to do a thermostat

Gman

RMS Regular
Drives
Octavia and E39
Very nice, I've just bought a 08 Scout as the work car. I cannot get over how well it steers and handles, it's a great car! The only things missing are a tfsi engine and dsg!

What Bluetooth option did you go for?

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini&Corolla
Health to steer, you can sell your house now and live in the boot. the amount they can swallow is very surprising.

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
It's my ones' twin! It's really under the radar in black, mine gets mistaken for a police car regularly, especially with the RFZ plate! Can't believe how well it goes with a remap, so so torquey.
Just pray you don't have to do a thermostat

Thermostat getting done on Wednesday with the belt kit etc.

Very nice, I've just bought a 08 Scout as the work car. I cannot get over how well it steers and handles, it's a great car! The only things missing are a tfsi engine and dsg!

What Bluetooth option did you go for?

Parrott CK3000 does me lovely, basic and does the job

Gman

RMS Regular
Drives
Octavia and E39
Parrott CK3000 does me lovely, basic and does the job

That's what I can get foc from work. Might just go for that then. I was toying with getting one of those android units which look like an upmarket oem skoda unit but also need to upgrade the wife's e39 first.
Where did you fit the parrot? Can't make it out in the photos

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
Behind the steering wheel, stuck to the dash below the clocks, i can't even see it when driving LOL but it's not hard to feel the button i need

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.