VW CC GT

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Got this a couple of months ago for Mrs Lyons as a replacement to the A6 to free up some £ for the house. It's a '13 facelift model with the 177hp engine and DSG gearbox. Quick enough and very comfortable.

The GT is well spec'd as standard: front and rear parking sensors, xenon lights, heated leather, electric seats, sat nav with dab and Bluetooth.

The only thing I've done is replace the RNS315 for a 510DAB, and the only other things planned are a Mk6 GTi steering wheel with paddles and maybe different wheels. The ride height is ridiculous, but I'm not going down the lowering route again.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Passed her in Dromara the other week in it, nice plate on it (y) Metro fonts an all IIRC :p

Nice looking cars these!

Also as you're the VAG RNS upgrade guru I'll be seeing you when I want to change the old one in the RS4 for the newer 2010+ one. It's all a sea of meaningless VAG acronyms and numbers to me so I need some guidance!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Our least favourite colour in them too! But condition, history and the fact we had the Audi sold forced our hand.

@gav525, hers aren't metros. Didn't want to draw any more attention to the plate!

Yes VAG sat navs are my specialty so give me a shout!

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Our least favourite colour in them too! But condition, history and the fact we had the Audi sold forced our hand.

@gav525, hers aren't metros. Didn't want to draw any more attention to the plate!

Ah yeah, maybe it was the spacing on the plate drew my attention to it come to think of it? Catchy plate though!

And I'll give you a shout when it comes to sorting out a newer RNS-E thing, cheers (y)

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Got it for an engagement present years ago, bargain on the dvla site directly- £250 plus transfer.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip

I do like those seats, are they comfortable, they look more so than s-line seats. 5 or 4 seat?

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
I think these a a great looking car. Would like to see one with the chrome trim changed to gloss black though. Inside looks like a very nice place to be (y)

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Lovely motor that, could see us going back to something like that as the wife loved the one we had before

mr_s81

RMS Regular
Drives
FozSTI
The facelight model is a nice improvement over what went before, particularly the rear. Lovely classy looking big bus, no doubt it can shift well for its size!

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Lovely motor @Lyons , that colour suits them.

Really love driving mum's GT, it's so smooth on the road. Do you find much difference in the adaptive suspension modes?

Harry

RMS Regular
Drives
V8
These are a great family car whilst still having a bit of style with the swooping roofline. Lovely drive too. Off topic but @Lyons do you know is Bluetooth a simple enough retrofit with that head unit? Car in question is actually a Tiguan, has mfsw as I believe that matters.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.