1998 JDM Integra Type R

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Larry3200

RMS Regular
Drives
A5
Hi all, I finally bought my dream car a few months ago and I'm completely in love! I've wanted one of these cars ever since the Gran Turismo 1 days.
My daily driver is a 2007 Honda Civic 2.2, Here's a picture of it.

image_zpsqnwq2bzm.jpeg

Anyway onto the teg.
This is a CW 98 spec grade 4 import with only 84k on the clock, imported 18 months ago. It's a very clean shell, no rust and fully protected inside and out. Here's some pics from the advert before I picked the car up.

dc2_zpsmohu5afw.jpg

dc22_zpsqnpp7s1g.jpg

Mods
Carbon Fibre bonnet painted championship white
Spoon drop in filter
Spoon ecu
Mugen twin loop exhaust
Coilovers

Plans
Wheels (open to suggestions, want something different)
Decent tyres all round
4-2-1 manifold
Spoon splitter
Big brake kit
Takata harness
Hondata S300
Carbon intake scoop
Short shifter
Gold beaks bar w/ function 7 LCAs
Wheel refurb

Got the car home and gave it a good clean and wax, shines up really well! :laughing:

I recently lowered the coilovers a bit more, sits perfect now! :grinning:

IMG_20160318_150833_zpsmnwbs4mx.jpg

20160318_150138_zpsysrs9use.jpg

Seen a gorgeous RX7 in Belfast recently, couldn't resist a picture.
IMG_20160418_175531_zpshv8s6fqv.jpg

My mate got his camera out and took a few photos of me cleaning the car, came out pretty well.

IMG_20160322_201550_zps6cadwg2r.jpg

IMG_6728_zps6ga0bkz5.jpg

So far I have replaced the rear Honda badge for a genuine new one, replaced the clutch for a stage 2 carbon kevlar job, changed the timing belt and gave her a service.

20160419_115718_zpsupzvmufj.jpg
20160419_115644_zpsuct1p9zr.jpg

Hope you like it! :grinning:
Cheers

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
That looks like a nice clean example and low miles.
I have always loved these. Getting harder to find a genuine example which hasn't been abused.

bob

RMS Regular
Very nice sounds like a good example! What manifold are you thinking of putting on?

MarcVtec

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda Integra Ty
See this quite a bit actually took a picture of it the other week on my break lol. Looks a real good one mate enjoy it.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    331 KB · Views: 165

Gibonz

RMS Regular
Drives
W204
Hard to beat a JDM teg

Would look well with a square front number plate and the wheels all spaced out...

Larry3200

RMS Regular
OP
Larry3200
Drives
A5
Cheers guys, I plan on keeping the wheels quite a while anyway and I actually have spacers here to put on, just when I can be bothered haha.

Very nice sounds like a good example! What manifold are you thinking of putting on?
Not sure yet mate, I'm still carrying out a bit of research on which would be best for the car - won't be buying one until September as I've a few other things that need sorted first. Open to suggestions on the manifold though.

See this quite a bit actually took a picture of it the other week on my break lol. Looks a real good one mate enjoy it.
Nice mate, I actually work in that tesco where you took the pic lol!

I really like the civic, any more pictures of it?
Yeah mate here's a few more, glad you like it

MarcVtec

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda Integra Ty
Aye mate work down there myself and thought that just didn't want to say lol. Just the right time of year for a dc2 too

bob

RMS Regular
Not sure yet mate, I'm still carrying out a bit of research on which would be best for the car - won't be buying one until September as I've a few other things that need sorted first. Open to suggestions on the manifold though.

It's years since I looked but I remember the standard 98spec manifold being very hard to better, think TODA and a few others made a bit more horsepower.

Modmedia

RMS Regular
Drives
Tesla M3P
Lovely car. I really really wouldn't change the wheels at all. Keep these looking standard-ish on the outside is the way forward!

Larry3200

RMS Regular
OP
Larry3200
Drives
A5
So one of my biggest pet peeves with the car was the inevitably cloudy headlights. The paintwork was also quite flat in some places so I had the headlights restored and had the whole car buffed and waxed. Really happy with how it came up, looks like brand new!

dc2_zpstzfcnq4k.jpg

As I have a couple of upcoming shows, I'm getting the wheels refurbished next week along with clear side repeaters, smaller front plate and a spoon front lip. :grinning:

Larry3200

RMS Regular
OP
Larry3200
Drives
A5
Small update

The integra had an indoor spot at JCC in titanic exhibition centre on sunday, had a couple of things sorted on the car in time for the show.

Sparco steering wheel
Wheel refurb
Splitter respray
New front & rear plates
15mm spacers behind the rear wheels
As well as a clean inside and out

Here's a couple of pics nabbed from facebook as well as a couple I took myself

Interior minted just before the show

Post-show pic

Hope you like the pics :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.