Goodwood Festival of Speed 2016 - Who's Going?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Just booked along with @Phil_D and @Woodcutter and cannot wait - one definitely on the motoring bucket list.

So who all from RMS is making the trip over?

goodwoodz_festival2015.jpg

JamieG95

RMS Photographer
Drives
F10 530d
I was just looking at this afternoon and pondering it, Thinking about heading down to the breakfast meet this weekend too.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Would love to be going. Definitely will be making the trip some time.

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
Me and a couple of friends are going for the Saturday :laughing: Something I've always wanted to go to and really looking forward to it :laughing:

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
Me and a couple of friends are going for the Saturday :laughing: Something I've always wanted to go to and really looking forward to it :laughing:
First timer here as well - I've been "on and off" going for the last 6 years so about bloody time.

Neil_M

RMS Regular
I'm going again with three other mates this year, for the full four days.

I've been around four times before. It's an immense event.

Most cars seem tame afterwards.

@Cooper you will love it.

Neil_M

RMS Regular
My only advise is bring a decent pair of shoes to walk around in. You will be spending all day on your feet.

There is shed loads to see, if you go for the full four days, you will still be finding new things on the fourth day.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
My only advise is bring a decent pair of shoes to walk around in. You will be spending all day on your feet.

There is shed loads to see, if you go for the full four days, you will still be finding new things on the fourth day.

We're just there Friday and Saturday.

I'll have to borrow a pair of Hush Puppy or Clarkes off @Cooper for the day! :p

Neil_M

RMS Regular
We're just there Friday and Saturday.

I'll have to borrow a pair of Hush Puppy or Clarkes off @Cooper for the day! :p

Haha, a wise move not using his killer heels again!

If you're there for the two days, I'd also suggest getting in early to avoid the crowds.

Andy55

RMS Regular
Going with 6 others for the Saturday and Sunday.
The previous 2 times we were there, the weather was superb (as was the show) and ended up coming home burnt

mike_2

RMS Regular
Drives
MR2, EP3 TypeR
We were asked to take the MR2 up the hill as Charles Gordon Lennox is a huge fan of the kirkistown trackskills videos and never misses them.
Oh wait that's an alternate universe. Should have realised when the wheels turned into liquorice all sorts

jagged

RMS Regular
Drives
640D G.C. E36M3
That doesn't make any sense @mike 2 , surely you mean you were asked to do the downhill run ! it's got something to do with soapbox's I believe ;) .
Was at this a few years ago , a must do for petrolheads , though not sure about spending four days there , this year is bmw year so would be tempted to visit again .

mike_2

RMS Regular
Drives
MR2, EP3 TypeR
Now that you mention it Arnold that's probably closer to the truth . We have been a good few times although it has been a few years, and on the subject of name dropping, I have been to the BMW muesum as well ☺. Couple of the trackskills Marshalls will be there no doubt so will still get the monthly fix

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Wish I was going, have been twice before and loved it. Would definitely second the comfy shoes suggestion! A lot of walking, a lot to see and it's gotten bigger from I was last at it.

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
Looking forward to hitting the estate in the morning. Anyone else booked or already over? Updates will be coming mobile signal dependant.

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
Looking forward to hitting the estate in the morning. Anyone else booked or already over? Updates will be coming mobile signal dependant.
let me know where you are staying/partying over the next few days and I'll come have a shandy with you!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.