New car modification & autospares shop

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

stevensti

RMS Regular
Drives
slowly
I am sharing this on behalf of a very good friend of mine that is opening a one stop shop for all of your car modification needs. The showroom will be opening on Saturday 7th May and is located on the Woodburn Road in Carrickfergus which is opposite the Brown Cow pub.

upload_2016-4-28_16-19-30.png

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Is this in where the car dealership is?

Hopefully it works out!

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Carnoisseur as in the one used to be in ballymena?

I am not sure what the link is with the name.

Carnoisseur was always a franchise deal with stores all over the UK, no idea if they still exist.

Opening a shop into a very very tough market though !

As Stevie correctly says Carnoisseur is a franchise of which there are many scattered all over Northern Ireland. No doubting though Gilbert had the real shop in Harryville

Sounds good, hopefully they will be fully stocked and it's not a case of "I can order that in for you". That's the down fall of car businesses in n.i imo. But wish him all the best, hopefully it takes off.

What on earth would be the point in that ? why hold and ultimately pay for thousands of pounds of stock you may never sell just on the off chance someone walks in looking for something? This is northern Ireland so the potential footfall is a tiny fraction of that across the water or in a bigger country. Plus In this day and age shipping is not an issue so anything can be obtained next day really.

Simon has been in the game for as long as anyone in fairness so if anyone can make a decent go of it he can and I for one wish him all the very best of luck with it, as mentioned its a difficult market indeed.

Deckz

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
What's it they say about a Saturdat flit..... Only if your superstitious mind.

All the best on the venture.

Cro

RMS Regular
From memory of ballymena it was basically like a demon-tweeks shop, always handy to pop in and pick up spacers, spigots and things like that which were usually in stock plus a catalogue of a tonne of most other things you wanted

MarkM

RMS Regular
Look forward to a nosey! Hard to compete with importing prices though on decent bits, I saved almost £2k on my wheels bringing them in from New York!, good luck to him

Eamo_vxr

RMS Regular
Drives
Slow and low!
As Stevie correctly says Carnoisseur is a franchise of which there are many scattered all over Northern Ireland. No doubting though Gilbert had the real shop in Harryville

What on earth would be the point in that ? why hold and ultimately pay for thousands of pounds of stock you may never sell just on the off chance someone walks in looking for something? This is northern Ireland so the potential footfall is a tiny fraction of that across the water or in a bigger country. Plus In this day and age shipping is not an issue so anything can be obtained next day really.

Simon has been in the game for as long as anyone in fairness so if anyone can make a decent go of it he can and I for one wish him all the very best of luck with it, as mentioned its a difficult market indeed.

Exactly, when shipping is not an issue, why not just order it yourself and have it delivered to your front door, instead of going through a middle man.

I get your point etc but nowadays people want instant whip.

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Exactly, when shipping is not an issue, why not just order it yourself and have it delivered to your front door, instead of going through a middle man.

Thats very true and sadly why many businesses no longer exist in our little country. I would happily wait a day or two and buy local when possible rather than order from someone I can't look at.

Sad times.

stevensti

RMS Regular
OP
stevensti
Drives
slowly

What Simon is trying to do is give people the option to buy the things that they want and have them fitted if they don't have the resources. I believe he will make it work and I for one like to support local businesses even if it involves either waiting a bit longer or paying a little more.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Many a day was spent doing nothing but looking around lol.how times has changed for the lad though.

Paul.

RMS Regular
If your man starts selling metro plates, dapper sunstrips and black coolant caps, he'll be able to retire in a year. Fairly local to me so will pop in for a nosey.

Get a dedicated remapper out the back with pirated diagnostics software to clear the Christmas lights produced by turning the boost to eleventy billion psi and he'll be kitting out his private jet by Monday.

Bound to be a tough market to open a business in, with NI's fondness for £40 diesel tuning and suchlike, but hopefully it works out for him. I'd like to see a shop like this flourish.

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Many a day was spent doing nothing but looking around lol.how times has changed for the lad though.
I'd heard something about Gilbert but can't remember now what it was. Hopefully nothing too bad

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.