Subaru Impreza with 93mm standard pistons ?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

jonspeed04

RMS Regular
Drives
Carlos Brennan
image.jpg

My track car melted a piston and when engine was opened up looked like standard wrx pistons . Davy Murray gave me a piston to fit and it was smaller than the one took out . So my car has had a rebuild before and has had 93mm pistons fitted , strange thing is it's had Subaru oversize Pistons fitted . Anyone here have any 93mm lying around ?

jonspeed04

RMS Regular
OP
jonspeed04
Drives
Carlos Brennan
Got a new .50 piston from mc kinstrys , they built the engine in it ages ago . Only found out on Tuesday that Subaru only done .25 and .50 oversize . Strange thing is the old piston is measuring 93 on digital vernier . Again I might not have measured correct but there is a .50 going back in and that should sort it all being well .

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Make sure you inspect all the pistons thoroughly, if one is damaged good chance others are too.

Not sure if you've posted photos of different pistons there, but certainly the piston in the side view is banjaxed although sometimes cracks arent as clearly visible.

jonspeed04

RMS Regular
OP
jonspeed04
Drives
Carlos Brennan
No stevie that's all pictures of the same one . Will ask the guy stripping it to check the others .

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.