Diamondbrite

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

j44nty

RMS Regular
My sister in law bought a new fiesta a couple of years ago and they give her a big diamondbrite zip bap full of lots of products. She didn't even open it but give it to me last weekend. My question is what is this conserve and is it worth putting on will it strip all wax I have on anybody in the know tell me a bit about it please.

On a side note the tyre dressing and other products seem quite good actually and I will be using the bag for my own gear so good result for free.
Woman eh it's lost on them it really is (lady car enthusiasts excused before @Mel bites my ear off)

j44nty

RMS Regular
OP
j44nty
20160502_165848.jpg

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
With the exception of a few girls I'm totally agreed, mind you if you seen the state of my car atm you would be disgusted+o(, I've washed it once in the last month as have been working longer hours and busy with other things.

Can't say I've ever heard of that make of cleaning gear, if ford supplied it I'd imagine on application your car will start to rust before your eyes :p

Stu Beck

RMS Regular
SERE motors give my dad some with a car he bought years ago and it was awful stuff. Supposed to last for years. lol

hippyross

RMS Regular
If it's anything like the guard x one it goes on with a sponge or wash mitt after its been washed, gives a good sheeting and beading.

I found a guard x kit in a car the other week with wash and wax and a conserver and it brought my car up really well, it was clayed last year and never polished or waxed and the romoas washed it.

Give it a try it I'll do no harm.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Been out looking at cars for the mrs and had a few 'offers' of magic shiz that means you never have to polish your car again.
Some of them appeared offended at my replies.. :confounded:

hippyross

RMS Regular
Thats up there with "Wait till ye see this lads".

How? Sure it's only like a wash in wax, it's not tfr or some caustic **** ffs.
It's only to give your cars a bit of beading.

It's sold to dumb asses so it's I'll be hard job to **** anything up.

Stu Beck

RMS Regular
How? Sure it's only like a wash in wax, it's not tfr or some caustic **** ffs.
It's only to give your cars a bit of beading.

It's sold to dumb asses so it's I'll be hard job to **** anything up.
You can always get it repainted. lol

hippyross

RMS Regular
You can always get it repainted. lol

Aye like that going to happen would need to be some nasty stuff lol.

Ford when they where in bangor used to sell it by the bucket load, never heard of them having to repaint anything.

RCT

RMS Regular
Aye like that going to happen would need to be some nasty stuff lol.

Ford when they where in bangor used to sell it by the bucket load, never heard of them having to repaint anything.

I can't help but get the feeling that if it was recommended by 'detailers' then all of a sudden people couldn't get enough of the product! Some of the latest ceramic coatings offered atm by the likes of g-technique or whatever is the latest fad, I really couldn't justify the price of it.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Similar to Supaguard that we sell.

Looked at and used it myself...

Normal person will see it as great

Car enthusiast will see it as muck.

Interior stuff is ok but doesn't last the 4yrs it suggests.

hippyross

RMS Regular
I can't help but get the feeling that if it was recommended by 'detailers' then all of a sudden people couldn't get enough of the product! Some of the latest ceramic coatings offered atm by the likes of g-technique or whatever is the latest fad, I really couldn't justify the price of it.

I've a kit of the ceramic to go on my car, I can see it working better than the dealer ship crap as it actually leave a hard coating and it's a two year guarantee rather than the lifetime that the others offer.

Debaser

RMS Regular
Drives
Kuga ST-Line X
The conserver is a periodic treatment designed to prolong the life of the Diamondbrite paint protection system

Being someone with a life who doesn't have excess free time to polish my car every other day I specced this on my latest Mondeo

Have to say so far, so good. Being black the car has a lovely deep shine and still beads the water off like day 1, even after a year

Have only used the conserver twice in that time

KevM

RMS Regular
The detailers will be in here slating the stuff, & pitching their like for like 'hydrophobic' or 'ceramic' stuff at twice the price - lol

Debaser

RMS Regular
Drives
Kuga ST-Line X
Detailing?

My Mondy is a daily driver, I just want it to look reasonably good, I'm not obsessive;)

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
The missus got this put on her MX5 from new back when it was new. Wished we'd not bothered.

The day we picked up the car, it was bucketing and you could see the rain running off in beads from the paintwork. We used the diamondbrite shampoo and the conserver everytime it was washed and after about the 3rd or 4th wash, it stopped beading. Silver lining (if you can call it that) is we only paid half price for it.

It's rubbish, don't bother. The diamondbrite bag sits in the back of the shed someplace now.

Debaser

RMS Regular
Drives
Kuga ST-Line X
The missus got this put on her MX5 from new back when it was new. Wished we'd not bothered.

The day we picked up the car, it was bucketing and you could see the rain running off in beads from the paintwork. We used the diamondbrite shampoo and the conserver everytime it was washed and after about the 3rd or 4th wash, it stopped beading. Silver lining (if you can call it that) is we only paid half price for it.

It's rubbish, don't bother. The diamondbrite bag sits in the back of the shed someplace now.

Thats weird, not my experience at all

KevM

RMS Regular
The funny thing is our packages are usually around the same or cheaper ;)

Buying from a dealer though, usually implies a warranty. If you don't have the car back every 9-10 months for a mini-valet "under warranty" due to fading etc, you're mad!! Get your money's worth out of it!!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.