What's it worth? Impreza wrx

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

mboyle290

RMS Regular
Drives
'91 Corolla GTi
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
as above I've a 2001 bugeye here. I took this in against a car I had for sale. Has a few modifications etc. Has a slight miss on idle but not sure what it is, doesn't affect it when boosting or nothing. Car needs the front painted and there's a scratch down the pasenger side. Needs saving tbh but not sure what to ask for it? Anyone a rough ballpark figure of what it's worth or would I be better breaking it?

brendy

RMS Regular
£2.5-3.5 depending on mods, condition when selling etc. the slight idle problem might be the pcv, it has 3 pipes and are only push fit with no real seal to them.
Number 6 on this diagram., make sure they are all nice and tight.
2014-02-07_221647_out98fpr.gif

corsacj

RMS Regular
Whats the miles?

I had a high miler bug eye for a while there, was a nightmare to sell lol. Also did I spy this for raffle on FB?

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
I wouldn't be boosting it too much with a misfire, or your next thread may be "WRX engine wanted".

Would agree with @scubbay's valuation, going by what you've said about it. Depends on what it's like in below, inside, and if there's any kind of history with it though.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Without any proper history etc etc....and not running correctly even if you only think it is at idle. Really hard to put a value on it.

Repair could be something simple...or something very expensive.

Stu Beck

RMS Regular
Not trying to dampener on it but needing paintwork and mechanical issues £1000-1500.
Good bugeyes won't make £3500
Good bugeyes wont make 3500? Are you serious?
An average bug running well would be worth £3500
A very clean bug can go as far as 7/8k.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
A low mile fresh import JDM STI might be around the 7-8k mark but that's about it

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini
Mate of mines had a 'mare with his bugeye, he's 4k deep (on a 2k car) and he's only had the chance to drive it for all of 10ish miles before all this work needed done. It'll be a good car when it's finished though.

Stu Beck

RMS Regular
Mate of mines had a 'mare with his bugeye, he's 4k deep (on a 2k car) and he's only had the chance to drive it for all of 10ish miles before all this work needed done. It'll be a good car when it's finished though.
Is this the one in zoes yard? She was just asking about a rotten subframe.

Smurf.

RMS Regular
Drives
The odd time
An sti. They are so condition dependant rather than age.

This thread is about a WRX needing front end painted and maybe one side due to scratch.Car also has mechanical issues which are unknown at the minute.
Quoting top end prices for top end cars isnt what the thread is about. Fella asked what HIS car is worth and id say 1000/1500.
The bug WRX has always been the runt of the impreza turbo litter.

Stu Beck

RMS Regular
This thread is about a WRX needing front end painted and maybe one side due to scratch.Car also has mechanical issues which are unknown at the minute.
Quoting top end prices for top end cars isnt what the thread is about. Fella asked what HIS car is worth and id say 1000/1500.
The bug WRX has always been the runt of the impreza turbo litter.
You were the one said good bugeyes wouldnt make £3500. Not talking about this one.

mboyle290

RMS Regular
OP
mboyle290
Drives
'91 Corolla GTi
Thanks for the replies folks. Had a few quotes to sort the paint. Getting it plugged in next week and I'll be fixing the running issue. Car hasn't moved since the problem developed so hopefully a set of plugs and maybe a coilpack should see it grand as all the pipes are solid with no holes

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.