Another Impreza "Whats it Worth"

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

GH80

RMS Member
I was thinking of selling my 2005 Sti PPP "widetrack" at some point in the future as we are moving house and it will help reduce our future mortgage.

I bought the car a few years back, and have spent probably close to £3k (well soon anyway) on getting it sitting perfect. It is more or less standard, with just a Milltek cat back exhaust, but I still have the Prodrive one available.
Michael at OMA said on the last service (a few days ago) that the rocker covers need done, and fuel lines too. I will be booking it in when I am back from holiday in June.

Mileage is 84k, and there are 13 stamps in the book. I have done about 2-4k miles per year recently as this is just a third car in our household, only comes out in good weather and garaged up during the winter. Comes with Prodrive cert, and the bodywork is in very good condition.
wheels.png

There are Goodyear F1's all round with good tread, and nothing has been skimped keeping the car in order.
I was wondering if anyone had an idea on value? I have seen these going for lots on the mainland, just wondering what the market is like over here.

Stu Beck

RMS Regular
Its hard to say as they are all so dependant on history and how they have been looked after.

GH80

RMS Member
OP
G
Agreed there are plenty of scruffy ones out there. I had a look at 4 classics, 2 blobs, 2 hawks and 2 widetrack blobs before buying this one. So guessing so far between 6 and 8.5k?
This one has a pile of history, timing belt done for the second time last year, brake backing plates done at the rear, new rad, brake rebuilds, list goes on. I have kept every petrol receipt too. Went to see a few impreza's where the "service history" was a single sheet of a4 paper with some stuff scrawled on it :grinning:

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Late blobs like this one are a very desirable model.

I know most online say the PPP upgrade from new isn't worth the money as you could do the bits cheaper yourself, but does this help the value of them come resale Stu?

GH80

RMS Member
OP
G
Taking it over to the Isle of Man TT this year, then will decide if I am going to put it up for sale or keep it. Part of me wants to hold onto it as I know I will pay through the nose to get another one in good condition a few years down the line. But another family member on the way means we need to get a bigger house sooner rather than later.

Stu Beck

RMS Regular
I know most online say the PPP upgrade from new isn't worth the money as you could do the bits cheaper yourself, but does this help the value of them come resale Stu?
It does help over a non ppp car but yes a simple remap will take a standard one to this or more.

GH80

RMS Member
OP
G
I think the benefit of PPP when new was that is was covered by warranty, especially handy when Subaru tried to fight warranty claims over aftermarket exhausts on the 2.5's that came a year later in 2006.
A custom remap should see 320 ish on these. I talked to Michael at OMA about mapping this one and he didn't recommend it, due to the small increase in power for the cost, unless I was going for a turbo upgrade.

Gambit

RMS Regular
8k, or give it to Hollybrook and theyll sell it for £19billion!

Taking it over to the Isle of Man TT this year, then will decide if I am going to put it up for sale or keep it. Part of me wants to hold onto it as I know I will pay through the nose to get another one in good condition a few years down the line. But another family member on the way means we need to get a bigger house sooner rather than later.

its very hard to find a good one now, never mind a few years down the line

GH80

RMS Member
OP
G
mug fishing LOL. who is paying 15k + for UK blobs and hawks these days?

GH80

RMS Member
OP
G
LOL @ petrol for 1 month. Thats 6 months :grinning:
I will add the bills up later - something I have to do when the wife is nowhere near me. I think the big costs were the backing plates and wheel bearings at the rear, fairly labour intensive. Servicing at OMA isn't cheap but I am happy with paying extra for the service and knowledge. 3k figure isn't far off the mark when you include the rocker gaskets next month, and fuel lines.

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
Nice car, if you can get the right person its worth 7K with the miles etc. CGM is a great colour but every subaru buyer wants WR blue and these tend to command £500-1000 more dependent on condition. GLWS I miss my scoobs but the Mini's partly fill the void

MATT93

RMS Regular
Drives
335d
Well you've pretty much got one of the most sought after Impreza's!

I would think probably around 8/8.5k.

I'd say the only down side is its not blue lol

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Agreed there are plenty of scruffy ones out there. I had a look at 4 classics, 2 blobs, 2 hawks and 2 widetrack blobs before buying this one. So guessing so far between 6 and 8.5k?
This one has a pile of history, timing belt done for the second time last year, brake backing plates done at the rear, new rad, brake rebuilds, list goes on. I have kept every petrol receipt too. Went to see a few impreza's where the "service history" was a single sheet of a4 paper with some stuff scrawled on it :grinning:
Yeah i was only messin with the 6k , the widetracks are one of the more "sought after" scoobs but its getting someone who knows what it is that's the trick. You'll get low-balled alot with it being an impreza so hold out for the right buyer.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.