98 Integra Type R

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

bob

RMS Regular
Have this a few weeks now and thought I would post a few pics tonight while I'm at nothing. 1998 JDM Type R. Car is standard apart from a decat, lowering springs and aftermarket steering wheel. This will be a very dull thread as I have no plans to change it from standard form - the 98 spec imports come fairly well spec'd as standard with an uprated manifold, 16" wheels, xenon headlights, higher final drive etc.

It's almost 10 years since my last thread with an Integra in the title ( New Car - Integra ) and it's probably the car I've missed most out of them all. 10 years later and there's a bit more road noise than I remember, but the driving position, gear change, feedback, turn in is all still fantastic. Plans as I said are to keep it standard, get it registered and hold onto this one.

honda1.jpg

honda2.jpg

honda4.jpg

honda3.jpg

honda6.jpg

wheel.jpg

wheel2_1.jpg

dc2.jpg

bob

RMS Regular
OP
bob
I felt the same, had faster cars and cars that gripped better but something about the Integra always stuck.

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
Beautiful example! Stunning '98 spec (y) getting hard to find like this now!

Reactions: bob

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
It's great to see one in standard form. Appears to be a great example.

RolyaT

RMS Regular
Drives
people mad
Looks fantastic, good ones like that will only appreciate. Did you import it or buy it local?

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Have had the pleasure of a drive or two in this car and it's a really good one, totally rust-free and brilliant bodywork all round. Drives like a new one too.

Like Bob I hadn't drive a DC2 for a long time (after owning 3), and I forget how they feel - you sit low in them, and that combined with the sharp turn-in, high-revving engine and light weight compared to modern stuff makes everything feel more tactile and alive than many other performance cars I've driven in recent times. Definitely a keeper.

StephenDc2

RMS Regular
Looks stunning

Im biased but these are still my favourite car, anytime I see a white DC2 on the road I break my neck trying to get a good look at it

These are getting harder to find now and I can imagine that good ones will only go up in price over the years

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
I really wish I had a garage I could put an Integra in; a rare sight now! Definitely my favourite car I have owned. I would love a Vogue Silver Metallic 98 Spec.

steaa

RMS Regular
Drives
DBP MK7.5 R
Looking good. Always loved the shape of the Japanese version over the Uk bug eye.

K55

RMS Regular
That looks in good nick, health to steer etc...

anytime I see a white DC2 on the road I break my neck trying to get a good look at it

Funny enough I spotted one getting a wash at the 4 Road ends garage the other day....

coling2005

RMS Regular
Drives
Altea, ATR, CRX
Very nice, always preferred the front of the Japanese import DC2's over UK ones.

Also a car I would like to own some day

Modmedia

RMS Regular
Drives
Tesla M3P
I think all that 90's Jap stuff is bound to, so many desirable cars in that period compared to whats on sale now adays. Silvia's, Type R's, Skylines, Evos etc

They've already started. You could pick up an R32/R33 GTR for 8k now try finding one that's not a dose for under 14/15k and you're doing well... and some mad dealers looking 18k plus for standardish cars (25k if you're Newera Imports lol)

The thing is, the way the 90s Jap stuff drives is just so much better in every way than anything new. All this new Automatic/DSG nonsense is impressive in terms of stats, 0-60 etc is quicker than most stuff, yes, but all you're really doing it holding on... They are devoid of any 'feel' and anyone who has driven both sides of the spectrum will agree!

Anyway enough rambling. That DC2 is stunning and won't lose a penny! Best colour combo and best spec... I would hold on to that one for a while! Very few cars will give you better driving pleasure at that price!

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
They've already started. You could pick up an R32/R33 GTR for 8k now try finding one that's not a dose for under 14/15k and you're doing well... and some mad dealers looking 18k plus for standardish cars (25k if you're Newera Imports lol)

@bob will be glad to hear that, his old R33 GTR never strayed too far away lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.