Brake dust & alloy cleaning polishing

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Matti_f

RMS Regular
Drives
van,Tucson,TTid
Recently bought a firestorm motorcycle and have it stripped down to clean and tidy.

The brake calipers are cover in grime and welded on brake dust, Parifin isn't cutting it anyone recommend something to cut through it quickly ?

Also looking something to clean and polish up the headers which are in a sorry state would the mothers ball and polish work or would I need to wire wheel it first ?

Will post some images shortly

Phil_EK9

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR/E36
You'll want an iron fallout remover like Iron X etc. Just spray it on, hold your breath (they stink, all of them) and wash it off after the reaction.

wheel-after-ironx.jpg

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
@Big Pimp would be the best bet, recommend using Ultrabrite/Stonebrite, then polishing... i'll be doing it myself again soon too!

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
A friend recently bought a car with heavily covered wheels from brake disc crap etc...

He searched online and found people using tinfoil and Coke ( drinking variety ). He gave it a try....and said it worked extremely well at removing the baked in rusty crap from his wheels

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.