Mini Countryman

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Conzy

RMS Regular
Any experience of these?

I see from a search a few members have had one, my wife is after a cooper sd but wanted to check if there are any issues to be aware of.

Still not sold on the look of these yet, the new clubman is really nice however

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
I had one, well the wife did, and I liked it.

No issues at all, ours was the SD.

Turbokid89

RMS Regular
Drives
E34,e36M3,skoda
My brothers wife has one and the only complaint they have is on long journeys (Belfast to dublin) the seats are not that nice after a while

s13rab

RMS Regular
I just send back my paceman cooper sd all4 , I had it from new for 18 months. Fantastic car to drive and be In, mine had a chilli pack so came with18" turbo fans in anthracite,full black leather,xenon head lights , digital climate control , auto lights ,air-con ,aircouto wipers and I added fill light package inside. All dechromed mine and debagded it also.

After 18 months of hard enough driving not one fault , went anywhere I drove it with ease even in the worse winter months the all4 system is excellent I mean really good ! Got approx 37mpg bit that was short journeys and most of the time I wasn't hanging around.

Handles so so well for a bigger car , never once did it step out and need correction. All around I highly rated it and would definitely order another on the future . The new clubman us a beautiful car to drive especially in all4 . I just don't have the need for a car that Size at present.

Attachments

• IMG_0664.JPG
    IMG_0664.JPG
    212 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_20160625_103221.jpg
    IMG_20160625_103221.jpg
    437.3 KB · Views: 104

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
I'm a sales exec at Bavarian mini mate. Give me a shout if u wanna pop in and I'll look after you guys.

fatboysamo

RMS Regular
I had one as well, just changed to a 5 door SD. I will say that I loved my Countryman, great car and I generally got about 45mpg out of it. It was a SD but just the 2WD version. I had mine for 2 and a half years with no issues at all and sometimes I miss it. My advice would be do a bit of research as there is a new one due sometime within the next year.

The new Clubman is nice and we did look at the possibility of one but it was too big for us and I preferred the look of the old Clubman. You could also look at the new 5 door, drives well and the new SD has more power.

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini&Corolla
The wifes wanting something a little bigger/higher up than her LeonFR.

How are these with carseats/buggies in the back? is the boot a decent usable size, or is it just there for the craic?

Conzy

RMS Regular
OP
C
They are grand for car seats, but never checked with a buggy. Boot looks like it shouldn't be a problem I think

Wayne D

RMS Regular
Drives
Family Wagon
My wife has one coming on 3 years now, we bought it new out of Bavarian Mini and the car has been faultless in the time we have had it.

Before that she had a R56 Cooper D and again it was faultless in the 4 years she had it, but it was just we needed more space once our little girl was born. The Countryman is massive over a normal hatch, so it was exactly what we needed space wise for a buggy and the extra doors help greatly to access the child seat. We went for the Cooper D, a bigger engine would have been better, due to the extra weight of the Countryman, but its the wife's car and it does her perfectly.

I wasn't fussed on the looks at first, but they do grow on you a little over time and I guess it depends on what colour combination you go for.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Am i mistaken in thinking they are exceedingly well priced, almost cheap, for what they are?

Is the depreciation shocking on them?

Edit: This is why i ask... UsedCarsNI.com - 2011 MINI Countryman 2.0 COOPER SD 5d 141 BHP FREE 5 YEAR WARRANTY FREE BLUETOOTH

That said thats a HORRIBLE yellow.

They hold their value very well... That is a real rare 4 seater version. Factory specd 2 seat rear bench... That's why it's cheaper. They are usually 5 seater. And yes that colour is awful.

They are a great big car. Plenty a space and do drive nice.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
The paceman's look really well but the countryman is a bit rude looking up close:-#

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Never liked these at the start. But they've grown on me recently. And then I saw this in the work car park. Class.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Porter

RMS Regular
My partner has a 2011 true blue colour countryman cooper 1.6 petrol , only 28000.
Great car

Trying to get her to sell it but she treats it like a baby and reluctant to do so.

Know any dealers that give a decent trade in / buy value?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.