Golf R Estate

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
Not a lot to say really as it's another R and there won't be many updates to this thread as it's a lease. Flew out to Birmingham yesterday morning with kids in tow and got a taxi to the dealership, TL Darby in Burton on Trent who where fantastic and demonstrated everything I needed to know.

Drove up to Alton Towers and spent most of the day there. Got stuck on The Smiler roller coaster for near an hour as it broke down. It was 33 degrees and wasn't a pleasant experience sitting out in the sun unable to move until we were rescued.

Drove down to Birkenhead in the evening and got the overnight ferry home.

Race mode is so addictive, my wee lad was grinning ear to ear.

Last edited:

Dave..

RMS Regular
Not a lot to say really as it's another R and there won't be many updates to this thread as it's a lease. Flew out to Birmingham yesterday morning with kids in tow and got a taxi to the dealership, TL Darby in Burton on Trent who where fantastic and demonstrated everything I needed to know.

Drove up to Alton Towers and spent most of the day there. Got stuck on The Smiler roller coaster for near an hour as it broke down. It was 33 degrees and wasn't a pleasant experience sitting out in the sun unable to move until we were rescued.

Drove down to Birkenhead in the evening and got the overnight ferry home.

Enough blabbering for now, here's a couple of crappy phone pics.

IMG_20160719_095502137_HDR_zpsgtedzrky.jpg

Race mode is so addictive, my wee lad was grinning ear to ear.
Health to drive Iain

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Looks great in white. Saw a blue one on Stockmans Lane yesterday which was the first R estate I've seen on the roads. Great going cars.

cbr600

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf R
Health to drive mate. Tempted to change the GTI for one and have his and hers R's in the drive!;)

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
OP
BobSpounge
Looks great, how does it compare to the VXR? or is that a stupid question :p:p:p:p:p:p

Lol. I honestly wasn't expecting the Golf to be so good, it's such a great alrounder. I knew the Corsa would be bad however. It was a stupid decision and a lesson well and truly learnt.

Reactions: DC.

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
OP
BobSpounge
What lease company did you use?

Was through Volkswagen themselves. I left it too late when the deal was on and none of the local dealers could do it. This one popped up on a lease comparison website with TL Darby VW so I was straight on the phone. Bit of a distance to go and get a car but I don't mind a wee road trip and I can return it to a local VW dealer when the lease is up.

Sanz

RMS Regular
Drives
Fireblade
Looks the dogs, HTD!

Was there any hassle getting your plate on given you're not the registered keeper? I'm waiting on a 320d m sport touring coming late August and would like to get my plate transferred to it.

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
OP
BobSpounge
No probs with the plate, just had to get the registered keeper details on the certificate of entitlement made out to VW financial services, sent it off to the dealership a few days before the car was due to arrive with them and they sorted the rest.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.