1991 MK2 Golf GTI Edition One 8V

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Thumper

RMS Regular
Hi folks, picked up this car just the other week, pretty rare motor as i'm sure you Dubbers will know. Its very clean, last guy that owned it was Italian and had it for 9 years, he was the 3rd owner just;) It has BBS split rims, special interior, chromlux rear tint glass, rare quartzite metallic paintwork,standard G60 arch extensions. Its pretty much standard apart from being lowered 40mm by the previous owner, i intend to just keep it like this, think it looks sweet like it is. Just loads of polish and wax!:laughing:

EditionOne3.jpg

EditionOne7.jpg

EditionOne.jpg

EditionOne10.jpg

EditionOne6.jpg

EditionOne10.jpg

EditionOne9.jpg

OLLIeCrX

RMS Regular
Drives
C63 AMG
awesome looking motor and mint as fook, i`m sure some of the VW boys would soil themselves if they also knew what was hiding up in your aladins cave... i near didnt wanna leave!!!

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Gorgeous. Very rare car as you say. I'd be tempted to lower it more and fit spacers to fill the G60 arches.

Health to enjoy her (y)

marcusplowman

RMS Regular
Drives
Yes
Thumper said:
Its pretty much standard apart from being lowered 40mm by the previous owner, i intend to just keep it like this, think it looks sweet like it is. Just loads of polish and wax!:laughing:

And its debadged!!! Looks well! The Mk2 was the best GTi!

Thumper

RMS Regular
OP
Thumper
Cheers lads! Not gonna do single wiper on this one Gaz, most i'll do is lay flat the rear wiper i'd say, want to keep it original as possible yknow.
Thanks Ollie, i just have to get the oak green sorted out too now, that can be the winter project :grinning:
Would love to get the Passat GT in the background Euro'd up Lyons mate but its breaker only, its a 2.0 16v as well! Shame :worried:

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Thumper Nel was telling me bout this car. Looks stunning sir. All the very best with it :laughing:.

Gman

RMS Regular
Drives
Octavia and E39
Lovely motor mate. If it was the dark burgandy they come in, it would be my dream car!! And you've an oak green aswell??!! Lucky bugger!

Thumper

RMS Regular
OP
Thumper
Definitely Tufty mate!(y) Yup i love the burgundy pearl metallic myself Gman but i'm gonna wait until next year or so before going for an Edition one G60 in that colour. Got a lot of work to do on the Oak green but should be worth it!! :grinning:

Thumper

RMS Regular
OP
Thumper
i thought that too but surprisingly you get onto it quite quickly (thank god!lol)

wingnut

Drives
S2 Coupe
Superb find you got there, love that colour too. Did you go over to England for it?

Thumper

RMS Regular
OP
Thumper
Yup got it over in england and got it transported over here. original out of the woodwork car, never been on any forums or anything, guy was an older gentleman who owned it.

Thumper

RMS Regular
OP
Thumper
just got a cheap celestial blue VTEC there at the minute mate, taxed and tested £1900 :grinning:

crx

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda
awe you where telling me about that one, not interested just sold one there.

dubburke

RMS Regular
Drives
Seat Arosa tdi
All the way from London? was on Italian plates, was bidding for it on ebay until it was withdrawn for sale, if its not the car its a twin!!
How did you get it back as not registered in uk/no tax/mot etc?.
In fact i won it the first time it was for sale, but it didnt meet reserve, funny how it ended up over here anyway!

Thumper

RMS Regular
OP
Thumper
yup thats the one! :grinning: i got a fella i know to bring the car back on a transporter so no unnecessary illegalities!lol

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Mmmmm, loooovely, love the mk2's...

N that looks very clean fella (y) Not balls u up on the wrong side lol???

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.