1st Central Insurance

Chris-91

RMS Regular
Has anyone had any experiences with 1st Central insurance?

They appear on both compare the market/money supermarket so they must be somewhat legit, but the fact they are over £300 cheaper than the nearest competitor has made me a little suspicious!

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
I have my M4 insured with them for the past 2 years now.

No problems with them although haven't had to make a claim touch wood.

The Mrs had her car with them as well a few years back and no issues.

PAULW

RMS Regular
As with all insurance companies, hard to know until you need to claim. Read some bad reviews online that put me off previously but may have improved.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Used them in the past, no issues. Didnt need to claim off them for anything though.

Chris-91

RMS Regular
OP
C
Thanks for the feedback. Fingers crossed wont be needed, but always good to hear they aren't complete bandits.

Vw86

RMS Regular
The wife was with them as they were significantly cheaper when she was starting out. She had a non fault claim though and they were an absolute disaster. Moved at my first opportunity. Definitely wouldn't recommend.

adzy

RMS Regular
Drives
Glanza V
My mrs has been with them for a few years. As said renewal seems to be awkward and when she tried to change her name after we got married was a pain too. Kept her on hold for nearly an hour at one point.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
They completely shafted a friend

Insured is rs5. It developed a fault. Dealer offered a car off the lot as a courtesy car while repair took place, swapped insurance onto the courtesy car, got the rs5 back, swapped insurance back onto the rs5

Few weeks later 5 grand of damage in a crash, no record of insurance being swapped back onto the rs5, he had to pay repairs

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I wouldn't use them either. Admin fees were ridiculous and customer service in general was a bit rubbish. Wouldn't want to be dealing with them in the event of a claim tbh

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Admin fees are a joke I've recently discovered, £109 to move address 5 minutes up the road.

Renewal is next month so not looking forward to that...

therock

RMS Regular
2 years out of the last 3 I've used them.

Haven't had to make a claim as I'm such an elite driver, but touch wood. They've seemed decent enough, although their auto renew feature pissed me off. I 100% unchecked it going through the process and it auto renewed anyway. A day of drama whereby they charged me the full yearly amount and recommenced a policy, when I had bought a policy with someone else

VinR

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330d
Thread revival,

I'm getting a good quote back from 1st central, £275 vs my £440 renewal with axa. Both with the same extras. Are they any better now.

Odhran

RMS Regular
Drives
A5 Sportback
Other half insured her car with them recently. Was some IT issue with their website meaning she couldn’t register which was necessary to proceed. 42 mins on the phone later it was set up. Or so she thought (call operator changed sort code and account number to 00-00-00 and 00000000. Cue another 30 min phone call as couldn’t be done online.

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
Thread revival,

I'm getting a good quote back from 1st central, £275 vs my £440 renewal with axa. Both with the same extras. Are they any better now.

I've just took my insurance out with them too, very similar £££ to yourself. Hopefully they are OK to deal with if needed

dddrrift

RMS Regular
decent online portal, able to change cars/reg etc or add temp car handy enough!

Alan_B

RMS Regular
Drives
Whatever
Been with them the last few years. Always cheapest to quote for me.

Tried to deal with them for a non fault accident but gave up and used crash services and will do the same in the future.

And yup online portal handy to make changes

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
I was with them briefly years ago.
I requested policy documents and they sent me someone elses. All their details, name, address, car type and reg, email, phone no, DOB, job title etc. I called the person up to let them know, they were equally pissed about it.

Suppose that could happen anywhere though