Bmw S1000XR

chrisQ

RMS Regular
Thinking on changing the R6 for a 2018/19 S1000XR, anyone on here got one? What you think of them and are they decent reliability wise? Thanks

Slimsbikers

RMS Regular
Drives
S1000xr
I have one.2017 model.Fantastic bike.Have had no problems reliability wise.Suspension is a bit hard on them no matter what setting it's on.They're quite a tall bike.I'm 6ft and opted for the factory low model so am able to get my feet flat on the ground.Standard model I was on tip toes.The engine is mental on them.Liuvely up to6k rpm then it's a case of trying to hold on :grinning: I know you're a bit away from me but you're welcome to have a look round/spin on it if you want.Could probably meet you somewhere...

chrisQ

RMS Regular
OP
chrisQ
I have one.2017 model.Fantastic bike.Have had no problems reliability wise.Suspension is a bit hard on them no matter what setting it's on.They're quite a tall bike.I'm 6ft and opted for the factory low model so am able to get my feet flat on the ground.Standard model I was on tip toes.The engine is mental on them.Liuvely up to6k rpm then it's a case of trying to hold on :grinning: I know you're a bit away from me but you're welcome to have a look round/spin on it if you want.Could probably meet you somewhere...
Thank you. How do you know if its a factory lowered model or not? Do you service the bike yourself or leave it in to get done? I've heard they're meant to be mental once you get them going šŸ˜

Slimsbikers

RMS Regular
Drives
S1000xr
If you get the frame number and contact bmw they'll tell you if it's factory lowered but basically if you're 6ft or under and can get your feet down then it's the low version.I use an independant mechanic to service mine as it's not under warranty.There's a recall at present regarding footpeg clips but it's only a minor issue.As said above,they're no slouch under 6k rpm but over that it's just giggle inside the helmet sort of thing.Leave them in dynamic mode (with Akra can) and they burble and pop on the overrun.Class :laughing:
IMG_20230808_195815.jpg

chrisQ

RMS Regular
OP
chrisQ
If you get the frame number and contact bmw they'll tell you if it's factory lowered but basically if you're 6ft or under and can get your feet down then it's the low version.I use an independant mechanic to service mine as it's not under warranty.There's a recall at present regarding footpeg clips but it's only a minor issue.As said above,they're no slouch under 6k rpm but over that it's just giggle inside the helmet sort of thing.Leave them in dynamic mode (with Akra can) and they burble and pop on the overrun.Class :laughing:
View attachment 419865
I've my eye on 3 atm all across the water. They're the multi colour and one had an akra, have seen akra's for sale online for them so if I get one without I'll go down that route. Not in a massive panic but if the right one comes along I'll make a move as I think my old R6 should sell ok once advertised. Thank you and enjoy šŸ˜‰

chrisQ

RMS Regular
OP
chrisQ
Finially bit the bullet and bought this one last week. Slightly older than what I was originally looking but has all the right extras and a 2 year warranty and breakdown cover etc. Awesome bike so far šŸ‘Œ

Attachments

• 20240226_131354.jpg
    20240226_131354.jpg
    426 KB · Views: 0
  • 2x.jpeg.jpg
    2x.jpeg.jpg
    298.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240301_161115.jpg
    20240301_161115.jpg
    394.2 KB · Views: 0