Club GTi Track Day, 17th Oct @ Kirkistown

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Ev206

RMS Regular
Also do you need a helmet for the 1/4 mile and do you race another person or is it single runs?

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
Single runs, yes you most likely need a helmet but if you want to enter and don't have a lid I'm sure I could lend mine out and about!

Andy

Ev206

RMS Regular
I'm debating on wether to go or not as I have the MOT on tuesday, and don't want to break anything and not have time to fix it.

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
Even just go to watch! If anyone needs a lift from belfast area on the sunday morning drop me a PM.

Andy

rugrat

RMS Photographer
Drives
Leon FR 2.0TDi
If it is dry I am going, I am collecting Designated Driver on Sun morning, then down thru Lisburn/Belfast, so any non-smoking/seatbelt wearing/clean shoed people that need a lift, drop me a pm :grinning:

If it is wet, I am staying at home or going shopping!!

veedubboy

RMS Regular
azzamut said:
is the 1/4 mile timed?

Yes its timed using traffic light and breaking the lazer beam as you cross the line at the end.......times will posted on day and on the net asap

carmad.

RMS Regular
Drives
good old bird
veedubboy said:
azzamut said:
is the 1/4 mile timed?

Yes its timed using traffic light and breaking the lazer beam as you cross the line at the end.......times will posted on day and on the net asap

u got the timed runs for the last track day?

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
veedubboy said:
azzamut said:
is the 1/4 mile timed?

Seriously :eek: Might see if I can get the civic down as well!

Andy

sexymanda

Banned
Drives
turbo ctr,Eclips
Oh very good, i dont know yet wether i can drag him out of bed but im hoping the lazy sod will get up as the last one was great :grinning:

veedubboy

RMS Regular
Cooper said:
veedubboy said:
azzamut said:
is the 1/4 mile timed?

Andy

Thought you would have knew that andy :roll: 8) ...... light goes green...timer starts...cross beam ...timer stops= 1/4 mile time.......Club GTI has the technology 8) :lol: ....cost about £200 in parts from Maplin to make it . Cant wait to time the g40 :twisted:

veedubboy

RMS Regular
carmad. said:
veedubboy said:
azzamut said:
is the 1/4 mile timed?

u got the timed runs for the last track day?

Simon has the times from the last one but has been flat out..... these times WILL be posted on the net asap by myself

RMS_CLK

RMS Regular
Yep I think everyone who goes to the trackdays are very thankfull to the organisers. Definetly the best fun you can have for the money!! Unfortunatly im having a mid-month poverty crisis, and wont be able to get the benz out 4 this one, but ill be there to watch!

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
veedubboy said:
Cooper said:
veedubboy said:
azzamut said:
is the 1/4 mile timed?

Andy

Thought you would have knew that andy :roll: 8) ...... light goes green...timer starts...cross beam ...timer stops= 1/4 mile time.......Club GTI has the technology 8) :lol: ....cost about £200 in parts from Maplin to make it . Cant wait to time the g40 :twisted:

So you aren't doing it with with the grandfather clock and water pistol like last time :p :lol: Nope first i've heard of it, but sounds good!

Andy

veedubboy

RMS Regular
Been using the timing light for a few years now at the track days..........sure kirkiston race circuit seen the sucessof this and have plans in the next few years to build a santa pod style lane

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
Now you're talking. Flushbus couldn't do it, mondello doesn't have a long enough stretch of track - if kirkistown did something like that the place would end up being packed out.

Andy

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.