Corsa Exhaust Trouble

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

blkcorsakid

hey need a bit of hand here!!! :?

I got a new exhaust tailpipe today and fitted it my self the only problem is that it rattles allot now when there is people in the back, the noise seems to be coming from the axle where the exhaust is hitting it!!! I turned the clamps up and everything is securley in place, but what can i now do to stop this noise!!!
Im sure most of you have had a corsa so advice please people.

No sarcastic comments please!!!
Thank you

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
i dont know for sure but its most likely the fittings for the box might be slightly loose, i have heard of people using brackets for a mondeo for it :grinning:

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
no it will be the pipework from the exhaust to the mid-section slapping off the rear axle....particularly with a load in as it lowers it closer to the axle more..

does it happen over bumps too?

blkcorsakid

OP
blkcorsakid
Had another wee look underneath today and its definetlya piece of the back box that is hitting because its leaving rub marks. Iwas thinkin about cable tiein i piece of rubber around the axle maybe 1 of those exhaust rubbers just to give my head some piece for the mean time!! thanks for the ideas guys!!

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
If i remember correctly on my old corsa, the axel was about an inch away from the pipe just behind the back box but never hit, it was a scorpion

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
you can get a shop to heat the pipe and bend it more but this weakens it....i tried cable tieing it etc but it did no good on my corsa...i also put rubber etc but it did no good either..

blkcorsakid

OP
blkcorsakid
It seems as if the part of the pipe isnt long enough "the bit that bends upwards" and it seems that the bend is forward more than what it is suppose to be! I think an extra piece of pipe just to push the tail pipe back more will do the trick but i dont want to mess about with clamps and extra bits!!

i prob should of just left it in to Kwick Fit and let them charge me a fortune and let them worry about it, but sure!

cheers guys!

Gambit

RMS Regular
when i had my corsa i had a similar problem,

i just got some sponge/pipe insulation and some heat resistant tape from B&Q and jsut wrapped the sponge on top of the axle. no more loud banging

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.