Electricity tariffs

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
Charging from solar or exporting will be pretty much the same, compared to night rate. If you want to be green use the panels. Definitely economy 7 is the way to go
Been looking at changing myself
This seems to be the best option so far
Screenshot_20240509_082211_Chrome.jpg

Marynarz

RMS Regular
Drives
Alpina B3 Bi
Worst company to deal with, bunch of thieving bas...rds , not a minute too late!

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
IMG_2619.jpeg
IMG_2620.jpeg
Any EV users with PowerNI?

Need to make a change with the mrs charging her EV at home.

Don’t know if this is good, bad or much of a muchness….

davyk31

RMS Regular
OP
D
With charging at home an EV tariff makes a lot of sense. Also at this time of the year the overnight rate runs to 9.00 so make sure you set the dishwasher and washing machine to come on about 7.00am to use the cheap rate.
When comparing rates just be aware that the PowerNI discount is capped so the tariff is not the best for most.

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
With charging at home an EV tariff makes a lot of sense. Also at this time of the year the overnight rate runs to 9.00 so make sure you set the dishwasher and washing machine to come on about 7.00am to use the cheap rate.
When comparing rates just be aware that the PowerNI discount is capped so the tariff is not the best for most.

Glad you mentioned that @davyk31, I've still got the car set to begin charging at 1am..

zafturbo

RMS Regular
@Big Pimp meant to ask you last week ,delivered to your neighbour other morning ,that’s a mighty fine looking car showroom you have for a driveway .everything was spotless and I’m intrigued with the low white one .it looked hellish impressive 😂

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
@Big Pimp meant to ask you last week ,delivered to your neighbour other morning ,that’s a mighty fine looking car showroom you have for a driveway .everything was spotless and I’m intrigued with the low white one .it looked hellish impressive 😂
Thank you my man!
That would be my mrs's electric iX that I just put a Maxton kit on and has just changed the looks of it completely. Hasn't been lowered but looks like it has!

IMG_2542.jpeg
IMG_2543.jpeg

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Just a heads up for anybody on click energy and their EV tariff.

Turns out they don't inform you of tariff changes and have introduced a new cheaper EV rate. I rang them today and swapped onto the cheaper tariff.

Decent saving compared to the old rate of 35.09 for day and 15.05 at night

1715697892064.png