Fatal Accident at TT Races

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

RS Darren

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 530d M-Sport
Sad indeed. I thought, as the last race finished, we had got away with no fatalities but not so, as the sad news began to filter through. RIP to those involved.

Daisy

RMS Regular
Very sad indeed esp on its 100 year anniversary... I think road racing could be coming to its last year(s)...

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK8 GTi CS
not a huge fan of road racing, however its always tragic to hear of a dead in anything.

as daisy says, i fear it may be comming into its last years, over the last few years there has been a major death each year of competitors, 2 this year i think.

then the numerous accidents of the people on the way home, which think they can all ride like the Dunlops'

Daisy

RMS Regular
Very true but Road Racing cant be blamed for the antics on the roads home, also the TT its far far to big a circuit to have marshalls all over the place, 37 mile of marshalls, with this maybe those people who were killed may have been standing in a safer place... who know to be honest....

But i can only hope that road racing is not banned as short circuit racing is sh*t...

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK8 GTi CS
but do you not agree, if you were a biker and stood for an entire day watching bikes going past at 160+ mph, you would be more inclined to ride home abit faster than if you went to your granny's for afternoon tea and buns??

RS Darren

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 530d M-Sport
Very true but Road Racing cant be blamed for the antics on the roads home, also the TT its far far to big a circuit to have marshalls all over the place, 37 mile of marshalls, with this maybe those people who were killed may have been standing in a safer place... who know to be honest....

But i can only hope that road racing is not banned as short circuit racing is sh*t...

The spectators that were killed along with the rider were standing beside marshals, 2 of which were still critical in hospital, when I left the island on Monday.

After every tragedy in road racing it is said that it is in its last years, but I can not see that happening, the riders have such a love for the sport, they wouldn't want to be doing anything else, and they all know what risks they are taking every time they go out, but still go out because they want to do it.

big cyril

RMS Regular
but do you not agree, if you were a biker and stood for an entire day watching bikes going past at 160+ mph, you would be more inclined to ride home abit faster than if you went to your granny's for afternoon tea and buns??

Undoubtedly.
Saw Carl Fogarty interviewed on TV recently, Lisa Rogers was looking round his garage, there was an distinct lack of road bikes, she asked him why -
"Riding on the road's too dangerous" was his reply.:scream:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.