Freelander 2 aka "EEP"

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Small update, Oil service done today. It's covered a massive 3500 miles in the last year lol.

Anyone who owns one and services it themselves will know it's a pig of a job due to the oil filter location so I'd been putting it off as much as possible. (27mm flexhead ratchet spanner makes it alot easier.)

View attachment 428339

Bought myself I new jug which makes filling the oil so much easier. Also managed to drop it removing it from the box hence the super glue and tape around the spout šŸ˜.

I had bought a set of modular steel wheels for it but didn't like the look of them and sent them back.

Managed to get a set of 18" Evoque alloys of Marketplace for Ā£100 and currently in the process of painting these satin black. Then will be sticking some AT's tyres on them.

View attachment 428342

Still have glow plugs to fit and a Evoque intake manifold as it doesn't have swirl flaps but struggling to find time to get both done
The first time I did the oil on mine I couldn't believe that had been signed off by anyone. I just take off the lower boost pipe and get more access from below. Have you changed the fuel filter yet? Class craic altogether..

Mackers91

RMS Regular
OP
Mackers91
The first time I did the oil on mine I couldn't believe that had been signed off by anyone. I just take off the lower boost pipe and get more access from below. Have you changed the fuel filter yet? Class craic altogether..

Done it last year so never brotherd with it this year. Made myself up a little hand pump to pull the diesel into it which works great. But compared to other cars I've owned it's a faff seem to be a running theme with most stuff on it lol.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Aye, I use an air operated vacuum brake bleeder which pulls it through nicely. Even the mounting of it is a ballix, especially the drain line. Not impossible or anything but not as easy as self priming cartridges obviously. I change mine every year with the oil as the filter area seems pretty small.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Great yoke for someone with all the work that you have put into it. Wish I had the space to keep it hidden as it would make a great tow car.
GLWTS!

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Seems to do mid 30's in day to day commuting, mid 40's on a long run, tank is huge so range is excellent.

Mackers91

RMS Regular
OP
Mackers91
Highest I got was 38. Day to day is was around 34/36.

Think the autos are hard on fuel though.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Yeah, mine is manuel.
fawlty towers dancing GIF

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Cheers lads, bro thinking about going for one and havenā€™t had one in the family for ages so gd to get an updated real world mpg šŸ‘

Mackers91

RMS Regular
OP
Mackers91
Cheers lads, bro thinking about going for one and havenā€™t had one in the family for ages so gd to get an updated real world mpg šŸ‘

If he gets one and needs a dog guard give me a shout. I've a Travall one here that I'd nearly give away. Been no interest on it on marketplace and could do with it gone out of the garage.