Gene Waterworth

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
I done my lessons with Gene and some of his guys. He was a real gentleman. Gave him a fright when I locked the back wheel going 1st, 2nd, 1st instead of 1st, 2nd, 3rd in one of my lessons :joy:

He also took me to a bike rally for burgers half way through one of my early lessons

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
Aw that's sad, great guy! He taught me back in 2010 after reading recommendations on here, and I actually googled him last week to see if he was still going in order to recommend him to someone.

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
Sad news, he took me for my test back in 2007. He was an absolute legend, will be sadly missed.

He taught the wife a few years ago too, but forgot to teach her the route she got on her test :joy: . Passed anyway which only goes to show how good an instructor he was.

I'll take a run down on the bike tomorrow, no idea if there is a ride out to Roselawn.

Dan.86

RMS Regular
Taught me to ride also and pass the bike test. Great guy. So sorry to hear this.

BIGDAVE

RMS Regular
Drives
audi a7
That's very sad , he was a true gent . He taught me 2018 and couldn't have been more helpful and he will be sadly missed.

Petem86

RMS Regular
Drives
'15 Golf R
taught me in 08 too, would have acknowledged eachother anytime we passed on the road still.

Drove past clarks there and thought thats who it was for. Some turn out at the time i saw it

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Yup taught me and helped me pass back in 2003

Heard of this the other day, gentleman and a character

Rest in Peace

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Gene taught me to ride a bike about 10 years ago now. He seemed a great fella and was a hek of an instructor. Had me out on the road on my second lesson ever (and the 2nd time id actually sat on a bike). At the end of the 3rd lesson he told me to go off for an hour and just ride around for a while and to bring the bike back when I was done.

He's a legend in the NI biking community and will be missed.

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
Gene taught me to ride a bike about 10 years ago now. He seemed a great fella and was a hek of an instructor. Had me out on the road on my second lesson ever (and the 2nd time id actually sat on a bike). At the end of the 3rd lesson he told me to go off for an hour and just ride around for a while and to bring the bike back when I was done.

He's a legend in the NI biking community and will be missed.

Yes I'd virtually never been on a bike in my life and the whole thing was stress free and passed everything first time.