Go Petrol Station - Carrickfergus

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

B A Baracus

RMS Regular
Drives
Fergie TVO
I did the majority of Henderson Group refits years ago and at the time they were making nothing on fuel in some forecourts by the time they paid their petrol licence/pump maintenance/forecourt running costs. Other stations was around 2-3p litre

brendy

RMS Regular
Shell garages were making buttons a week, if someone stuck 10-30 quid in and drove off, their profit was gone for the week.
If it was so expensive in Cookstown, why put it there then, there was obviously money to be made.

brendy

RMS Regular
I did the majority of Henderson Group refits years ago and at the time they were making nothing on fuel in some forecourts by the time they paid their petrol licence/pump maintenance/forecourt running costs. Other stations was around 2-3p litre
Lol I did all of their broadband uplinks around the same time.

B A Baracus

RMS Regular
Drives
Fergie TVO
Really, as in the tills comms etc? The first one I worked on was Rosevale in Ards and did the majority for the next 4 years or so, on the tools then moved into the office designing etc

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Another question, why is fuel always priced 119.9p or 113.9p? Why not just £1.20 or £1.14?

Im aware the difference across the board of that £0.001 in the whole of the UK would be millions of pounds but why is it never a round number?

Also why is something like fuel not a fixed rate? I remember going through one of the service stations in England on the Mway in my A3 and BP Ultimate was 170.9p/l

Lee A

RMS Regular
Drives
Accord types k24
Another question, why is fuel always priced 119.9p or 113.9p? Why not just £1.20 or £1.14?

Im aware the difference across the board of that £0.001 in the whole of the UK would be millions of pounds but why is it never a round number?
Has that not got something to do with taxation ?

JT1990

Just a sales technique. 99p sounds better than £1 or so they say.

Also most shops use Pumps for drawing in the costumers in the shop. They make next to nothing in the sale of fuel however hope to make something when you buy a Mars bar while standing in the que waiting to pay for your fuel ;)

aaron_m

RMS Regular
Just a sales technique. 99p sounds better than £1 or so they say.

Also most shops use Pumps for drawing in the costumers in the shop. They make next to nothing in the sale of fuel however hope to make something when you buy a Mars bar while standing in the que waiting to pay for your fuel ;)

Roysters or Brannigans Roast Beef and Mustard are the killers for me in the petrol station on the way home ;) Never mind the fabled Tudor Gammon and Pineapple...

brendy

RMS Regular
Really, as in the tills comms etc? The first one I worked on was Rosevale in Ards and did the majority for the next 4 years or so, on the tools then moved into the office designing etc
Kind of, they were using dial up, I installed the broadband comms, router, configuration etc, mostly back office stuff with a second pc. was mostly garages though did also do a few stores.

Bryan

RMS Regular
Haven't seen an LPG pump there but then I've never been over at the HGV high speed section.

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayman S
Your man Gav lasted long, seems he's been banned already lol.

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Ive been useing the super sence it opened car seams to run just as well as BPs super and get a few more mile to a tank as its cheaper :grinning:

Is the cheaper petrol 'smaller' so you can fit more in???? :confounded:

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini&Corolla
I paid £1.19 for 99Ron in Edinburgh last week :worried:

Didnt know this Go place was open :grinning: Excelent

Marc

RMS Moderator
If it's a fixed price we are all screwed, all petrol stations decide together how much fuel will cost... Competition ftw

Leeroy

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon MK1
Is the cheaper petrol 'smaller' so you can fit more in???? :confounded:

I throw 30 quid in at a time as that more or less fills the tank don’t like sticking in the 33.50 ish that usually completely fills it so its easier to work out what kind of MPG im getting.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I throw 30 quid in at a time as that more or less fills the tank don’t like sticking in the 33.50 ish that usually completely fills it so its easier to work out what kind of MPG im getting.

That doesn't make any sense to me. Surely if you fire £30 in you could have used £33 worth of fuel for xxx miles, then the next time you fill you could have used £28 worth of fuel and so on... unless your fuel guage is seriously accurate or you fill the very second your fuel light flicks on? :confounded:

The only way to get the mpg calculation right is to fill it to the brim each time and take your calculation based on that (even at that it's still not 100% accurate because you could probably get a litre or so in after the initial click-off so it's not always possible to have the tank at exactly the same level as when you first reset the odo).

Oh & Brendy, my wee Ibiza takes about £35 to brim :laughing:

Leeroy

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon MK1
30 quid, what do you drive? a minivan?

smart roadster coupe dude.

Coog that’s just the way I like to do it. Once the fuel light comes on it tell me how many liters there is left to the nearest 0.5 of a liter so I usually put fuel in when there 4 liters left

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.