grinder splatter on paint

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
Was giving my car it first real clean of the year at the weekend. It looks like someone has been grinding or welding in close proximity of the car. There are lost of orange dots (rust) in the paint on the drivers side quarter panel, tailgate, and the roof.

Anyone know what might take it off. I actually has me a bit down as I spent a fair wedge of money having most of the car painted late last year :worried:

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Could be brake pad/disc material sticking to the car…

As Coog said, a good fallout remover should do the trick. Hopefully none of it was hot enough to embed into the paint at the time of transfer.

Pumesta

RMS Regular
OP
Pumesta
Drives
Focus_ST_3
I have a bottle of Powermax fallout remover, hopefully that will sort it out. there is a lot of it on the rear arch (mk2 focus 3dr so the arches are pretty pronounced)

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
They're all much the same and most of them stink. Will probably take a couple of applications to get rid but they do work.

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
Used to use purge as lube for a clay mit/towel to take these spots off the forester as the brakes were a pita for giving out material like this

Ian A

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Used to use purge as lube for a clay mit/towel to take these spots off the forester as the brakes were a pita for giving out material like this

Did the paint not get marked? Appreciate claying in general can mark paint, but something about rubbing metal brake fillings across would give me nerves.

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
Did the paint not get marked? Appreciate claying in general can mark paint, but something about rubbing metal brake fillings across would give me nerves.
Yeah I was alway very gentle/sheepish when using it and only done it once every 3 or 4 months. Never noticed any bad and always polished it afterwards