Gti bumper conversion questions !!!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

jake lendrum

RMS Member
Drives
vw Mk5
I have a 1.4, stupidly didn't think of checking, does anyone know if the gri bumper would fit the front panel and and stuff of my 1.4 golf ? Im not too sure is its a case of take one off put one on if you know what I mean ?:grinning:

richie_mck

RMS Regular
Genuine gti bumpers wont fit without modification, but if you get a gti style bumper designed to fit non gti's it should be all gravy

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
As said the genuine gti bumper won't fit without trimming a bit of plastic of the back, it's very simple.

Yes to can get non genuine bumpers that fit, but the plastic quality and build quality is no where near the same.

Brother had a replica bumper for a while, brushed a rock, didn't even feel it in the car, but heard a little noise.

Moved on and got out to look and the bumper was in sh**e, HUGE hole, bumper just broke and bits fell off. Hardly any flex in it.

Better of with a modified genuine on IMO.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.