Impreza WRX

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

AC

RMS Regular
After parting with the 197, I had no clue what to replace it with but then took a notion for an Impreza. With it going to be my daily commuting car, the WRX made more sense to me as it is a bit easier to run over an STi. It also had to be a blobeye! I went and seen a few real dogs (both WRX's and STi's) and at the same time had been poking @GazEP3 about his.

We arranged a viewing for one evening, he fired me a text at 5:30pm saying he was home from work and was just giving it a clean. I arrived at around 8pm and he was still cleaning it.. so first impressions were good, a man as fussy as myself. The car did not disappoint and was by far the cleanest and best kept example I had seen thus far.

So took it for a quick drive, bought it there and then and took it home! For a moment I wasn't sure Gary was going to let me drive off :p I could sense he was having second thoughts! It's an 04 blobeye WRX (225), standard barr a scorpion backbox, baileys BOV, down a touch and strut brace. Here is the night I picked it up (Gary had it sitting immaculate).

1_zps8f7a451a.jpg

With work being so busy, I didn't have a chance to do anything but knew I'd have some time this weekend so bought some oil, filter and air filter (little did I know it already had a K&N panel.. but I changed it anyway)

4_zps67c0a8e9.jpg

So yesterday it got a service
5_zps61381938.jpg

Whilst I was doing that, the old man did the plugs and also took it upon himself to drill out and replace a few headless/sheared bolts that were knocking around the bay (in his Saturday attire).
6_zpsa3e6d0ab.jpg

I'm going to change the discs and pads at some stage as one is slightly warped, but in the meantime to take to rust away, I cleaned them up with a drill/wire bit and sprayed them with VHT matt black. When buying the car, Gary also threw in new Prodrive center cap inserts so fitted those too while I was at it. Definitely tidied it up!
7_zps7c8fb4a9.jpg

8_zps460d6cd4.jpg

9_zpsa9db0ae7.jpg

10_zps6cae1aeb.jpg

Finished bay after a tin of WD40, a toothbrush and some elbow grease
11_zps779caa5c.jpg

How it was sitting yesterday evening
13_zpsdffacaae.jpg

12_zpsce8de5cb.jpg

15_zps4716fe77.jpg

14_zps45c46f72.jpg

I have new plates being made and also have a black Subaru grille badge coming too to replace the pink one.

To be honest, I don't have many plans apart from drive it and keep it clean. Still toying with the idea of getting the front end sprayed to tidy up some road rash and a few bits on the bonnet. If the bug takes hold I might also go for a JGM map at some stage too but I'm more than happy with the way it sits now. Took a run out on the charity cruise today and had great fun!

Last edited:

T66 DNP

RMS Regular
Drives
320i M Sport
Looks class. Didn't take you long getting stuck into a few bits and pieces. Wouldn't have thought this would be easier to run than a 197. But health ti enjoy.

Reactions: AC

AC

RMS Regular
OP
AC
Looks class. Didn't take you long getting stuck into a few bits and pieces. Wouldn't have thought this would be easier to run than a 197. But health ti enjoy.

Whoops.. I corrected that.. "a bit easier to run over an STi", it's certainly a little more thirsty than the Clio!

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
One very similar to this drove past me today in Portrush, really caught my eye. Had a girl in the passenger seat. Not sure if it was this one.

Lovely example. (y)

T66 DNP

RMS Regular
Drives
320i M Sport
Whoops.. I corrected that.. "a bit easier to run over an STi", it's certainly a little more thirsty than the Clio!
Ha ha, yeah,no bother. A 197 is thirsty enough on the fuel, but I would say a wrx would be even more so. Am guessing you arent doing big miles if its going to be your daily. Well, enjoy it anyway.

Gaz86

RMS Regular
Sorry forgot to mention the K&N panel filter lol Front pads were replaced the weekend before you got it so they're as good as new. Glad to see you're keeping it clean :laughing:

gt_86

RMS Regular
Looks good, young AC :grinning:

I've a genuine Subaru STi rear spoiler for sale if you want to replace the replica one on it.

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
Looks great!

Good call on the commute, I used my STI as a daily for over a year and although I don't regret a second of it, the WRX is the more sensible proposition.

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
Always really like @GazEP3 's Blobeye - very tidy and well looked after with nice subtle mods

Nice to see it was passed on to another fussy RMS owner

Great work on the engine bay lad!

whats the avg MPG are you getting at the min?

Gaz86

RMS Regular
Likewise, would hate to see it again and see it going to the dogs! Like my old EP3 that ended up clocked, bashed up and not taken care of.

I have a WRX stencil in the house too, was going to use it to spray the WRX logo onto the intercooler after I had mirror polished it, something I never got around to doing, would look neat (y)

AC

RMS Regular
OP
AC
Very nice, what does it say on the fog covers?
Subaru Tecnica International

One very similar to this drove past me today in Portrush, really caught my eye. Had a girl in the passenger seat. Not sure if it was this one.
Not guilty dude, had a male friend with me.

Ha ha, yeah,no bother. A 197 is thirsty enough on the fuel, but I would say a wrx would be even more so. Am guessing you arent doing big miles if its going to be your daily. Well, enjoy it anyway.
I don't do big miles no, probably average 8-10,000 a year :grinning:

Sorry forgot to mention the K&N panel filter lol Front pads were replaced the weekend before you got it so they're as good as new. Glad to see you're keeping it clean :laughing:
Ah thats cool, they did look new which is another reason why I decided just to tidy the discs up. Really is a credit to you mate.

I did find that burnt copper paint I used for the brake calipers by the way if you want it?
Yes please mate that would be great! Can I fire up to you some weekend? :grinning:

Looks good, young AC :grinning:

I've a genuine Subaru STi rear spoiler for sale if you want to replace the replica one on it.
I actually like the one that's on it, but thanks for the offer mate!

whats the avg MPG are you getting at the min?
For the first while I was just throwing £20 in here and there but I filled it on Friday past and so far have covered 230odd miles and it's sitting just above the quarter so I will work it out when I fill it again. I also wasn't exactly taking too too easy yesterday, so far I'm pleased! I would expect around 25ish over the tank.

I have a WRX stencil in the house too, was going to use it to spray the WRX logo onto the intercooler after I had mirror polished it, something I never got around to doing, would look neat (y)
GIVE ME THIS GARYY!!!!! :p

Gaz86

RMS Regular
Ah thats cool, they did look new which is another reason why I decided just to tidy the discs up. Really is a credit to you mate.

Thanks :laughing: Definitely was one of the cleaner ones I looked at that's for sure, I'm sure you'll have it sitting perfect in no time!

Yeah call up any time, just give me a heads up first to make sure I'm in the house (y)

MATT93

RMS Regular
Drives
335d
Found a picture of what I believe to be your Subaru from the Cruise for Cancer. Won't post it as I see you've been blurring out your licence plate.

Dave23

RMS Regular
Drives
Merc
Looks really clean mate, nice car! (y) Was tempted to go look at this myself when I was on the search for an Impreza but held out for the STI. have to say, I quite like the pink grille badge.

Here where did you get those Prodrive centre caps?

There are some on ebay Matt. Genuine mind, and they're over £100. Well over lol.

MATT93

RMS Regular
Drives
335d
Looks really clean mate, nice car! (y) Was tempted to go look at this myself when I was on the search for an Impreza but held out for the STI. have to say, I quite like the pink grille badge.

There are some on ebay Matt. Genuine mind, and they're over £100. Well over lol.

Yeah I know what price they are for genuine ones. I was hoping he got excellent copies from somewhere for a fraction of the price lol

AC

RMS Regular
OP
AC
I do have some updates yes :grinning:. I was away on holiday in the states for a few weeks and had some work done while I was away. So I will update at the weekend when I'm back home as I'm away with work at the mo.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.