Induction

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

revlimiter

RMS Regular
I drive a 93' corsa Sri have a K&N at the moment and im wishing to change! BFO Cone or Drill the Standard air box and put a decent panel filter in it?im assumin the BFO cone would sound way better but for power which would be best?

Gambit

RMS Regular
things like a piperX viper are a waste of time on 82bhp car

either or of your two options coupled together with cold air feeds will do the same job, you will get minimal bhp increase, maybe 2bhp v.tops. but the car will drive better due to the easier breathing

Sir Sax

Drives
vts
I wouldn't bother drilling the airbox, could get a good bit of dirt in there. I'm with Vtec on this one, i think the gen2 would be a reasonable choice.

Gambit

RMS Regular
Sir Saxalot said:
I wouldn't bother drilling the airbox, could get a good bit of dirt in there.

explain that one??

you'll get more dirt round an induction kit than in a drilled airbox

in both cases dirt will not enter the intake due to the filter

Sir Sax

Drives
vts
well quite simple Gambit, when dirt gets in the airbox your going to need to take it all apart to clean inside the box and filter etc. More dirt will clog up in the box than the actual filter positioned properly with some protection.

I know which i'd prefer to clean, besides drilling holes is a waste of time.

Gambit

RMS Regular
hardly a massive job though, 4 clips and your into your airbox

and all that dirt is just dust/grime (small particals) which wont exactly clog up an airbox - it'll clog up the filter, seeing as that is where the suction is

drilled airbox does the same job as an induction kit with heat shield

again in both cases appropriate cold air ductin is of a benefit

Sir Sax

Drives
vts
everyone will always beg to differ when it comes down to induction. Its a personal thing between you and car, everyones car is different and well my airbox was pretty low to the ground and it was dirt city mate but yours may be different.

rev lad you will know best yourself depending on what you want.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.