a-kem automotive

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Ok, please excuse the straight from iPhone pics, but here are a couple of small items I've brought in that I feel perfectly complements my range of car cleaning products.

First up is a wash mitt.

I've bought pretty much every mitt going over the last few years. Everything from Zymol sponges, natural sponges, lambs wool mitts, meguiars microfibre mitts, wookie fist.... You name it and I've tried it.

After j got my car detailed by @big_pete i asked him what he uses and recommends, and he showed me the incredimitt which comes from polished bliss.

I went onto DW, done a fair bit of reading, and bought one to try it. Long story short, I bought 4 or 5 more as I was so impressed with the cleaning, lack of marring, and just a generally good mitt.

So I went and got the same thing..... :grinning:

Speaking to a one of our suppliers I started asking questions, and they put me in touch with one of their manufacturers, who I got speaking to and I sent them links to the incredimitt and they came back with this.

View attachment 99040

Photographed side by side with the incredisponge it's marginally bigger.

The blue looks like it has longer pile, but it's about 5 months old at this point and has loosened up a bit.

Having washed out work van earlier, I am equally as impressed at the performance of my new mitt against the incredimitt.

Following on from that, I came across another product which I just love. It's from WoWo and is a microfibre glove for doing wheels. As with the wash mitt, I spoke to the manufacturer and...: well, I guess you can see where this is going
View attachment 99041

WoWo is on the right, mine is on the left. Mine is fractionally larger but size isn't always important :p
What is important is the performance, and it's just a handy product which makes cleaning spokes etc including the back of the spokes that much easier. Like most things in life, there isn't a need to overcomplicate things and if something works easily why change it?

The WoWo and my wheel glove are identical in performance

So there you have it. A couple more additions to my arsenal, and I am happy that I have class leading chemicals which can now be backed up with the right tools for the job!

Are those mitts available to order yet Ross? About to order a new one.

I bought a cheap lambswool one on eBay and it's lasted about 2 months before it's started falling apart.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
prices will be cheaper than buying from polished bliss / wo wo

have a couple more things to show you guys also when i get up to the office

then i'll come up with a winter pack.

so happy to see you guys are all interested!!!!

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
ok, other 2 items are:

seamless microfibre cloths
IMG_0452.JPG

some people prefer them for polish removal, as the lack of seams means there is nothing to catch or marr paint work.

they are 300gsm cloths, so are nice, soft and reasonably plush. manufactured with a pearl weave means that they are the highest quality microfibres available and have rounded, sonic cut edges, so will inflict less damage than a standard cloth.

For ultimate polish removal these, used in conjunction with my super fluffy 'big blue' (weighing in at nearly 600gsm) towel, means that you are using the best quality microfibre to remove products.

the second product is a polish applicator, again, in microfibre
IMG_0453.JPG

this is made from quality Microfibre. The applicator that won't scratch or affect any paintwork. Because of the quality of the microfibre, it won’t allow the polish to sink in too deep, and should minimise any wastage.
I think it is ideally suited to wax application, and thanks to the size of it (it measures about 14cm) hand cramp / fatigue shouldn't be an issue. It certainly feels a lot beefier than the wee yellow applicators we all have and use:

IMG_0455.JPG

my wee hand in it for size:

IMG_0454.JPG

Bono872

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi
Interested in topping up the wash gear Ross. Will have to organise to get round to see you- your DI vessel is still in the work shop too! Ha.

Best of luck on the range expansion!

Last edited:

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
ok, other 2 items are:

seamless microfibre clothsView attachment 99054

some people prefer them for polish removal, as the lack of seams means there is nothing to catch or marr paint work.

they are 300gsm cloths, so are nice, soft and reasonably plush. manufactured with a pearl weave means that they are the highest quality microfibres available and have rounded, sonic cut edges, so will inflict less damage than a standard cloth.

For ultimate polish removal these, used in conjunction with my super fluffy 'big blue' (weighing in at nearly 600gsm) towel, means that you are using the best quality microfibre to remove products.

the second product is a polish applicator, again, in microfibre
View attachment 99056

this is made from quality Microfibre. The applicator that won't scratch or affect any paintwork. Because of the quality of the microfibre, it won’t allow the polish to sink in too deep, and should minimise any wastage.
I think it is ideally suited to wax application, and thanks to the size of it (it measures about 14cm) hand cramp / fatigue shouldn't be an issue. It certainly feels a lot beefier than the wee yellow applicators we all have and use:

View attachment 99057

my wee hand in it for size:

View attachment 99058

I can't recommend those items enough tbh, especially the polish applicator / microfiber. I have ALOT of them as I couldn't help myself when ordering and they are good for cleanser, polish and wax - good choice on adding them to your stock.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
did someone want mitts???!!!

just got this wee box in
IMG_0457.JPG

so, first of all basic pricing

The UltraMitt (red & white for washing) will be retailing at £12.95.
The UltraMitt is a premium microfibre wash mitt. In order to make it completely safe for use on all exterior surfaces, a special two-component blend of microfibres have been use to create a luxuriously thick pile that easily rivals that of lambswool rivals. This special blend of fibres also enables the UltraMitt to glide over wet exterior surfaces effortlessly, with minimal drag. A built-in sponge backing absorbs a huge amount of water to give you a longer working time on each panel, meaning you can afford to take your time and be more careful, while an internal retaining ribbon ensures the mitt will never slip off your hand into your bucket.

The UltraGlove (grey for wheels / lower trim) will be £6.95
The UltraGlove has been designed with the sole purpose of wheel cleaning in mind. After years of hurting fingers and hands on brake guards, we have developed this thin but 100% effective dedicated wheel wash mitt. Excellent for the whole wheel including the inside rim, spokes and face, with its 15% Polyamide it will also trap the dirt in its plush, yet practical Microfibre pile, to help reduce the risk of damaging your wheel.

Price for both together will be £17.95

Last edited:

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
did someone want mitts???!!!

just got this wee box inView attachment 99108

so, first of all basic pricing

The UltraMitt (red & white for washing) will be retailing at £12.95.
The UltraMitt is a premium microfibre wash mitt. In order to make it completely safe for use on all exterior surfaces, a special two-component blend of microfibres have been use to create a luxuriously thick pile that easily rivals that of lambswool rivals. This special blend of fibres also enables the UltraMitt to glide over wet exterior surfaces effortlessly, with minimal drag. A built-in sponge backing absorbs a huge amount of water to give you a longer working time on each panel, meaning you can afford to take your time and be more careful, while an internal retaining ribbon ensures the mitt will never slip off your hand into your bucket.

The UltraGlove (grey for wheels / lower trim) will be £6.95
The UltraGlove has been designed with the sole purpose of wheel cleaning in mind. After years of hurting fingers and hands on brake guards, we have developed this thin but 100% effective dedicated wheel wash mitt. Excellent for the whole wheel including the inside rim, spokes and face, with its 15% Polyamide it will also trap the dirt in its plush, yet practical Microfibre pile, to help reduce the risk of damaging your wheel.

Price for both together will be £17.95

Just sent you payment for 2 there Ross. ;)

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Wash Bundle, consisting of:
UltraMitt, UltraGlove, and the big yellow drying cloth.

buying all separately would cost £32.85
buy all three for £27.85

IMG_0461.JPG

Polishing bundle, consisting of

Big Blue Ultra Plush polishing cloth
Seamless microfibre cloth (x2)
Microfibre applicator pad

Buying all separately would cost £21.45
Buy all four for £18.50

Screen Shot 2015-11-11 at 15.18.01.png

jshek007

RMS Regular
Drives
F30 335,FN2, R56
I want some mitts, but also want the polishing pad, MF towel and some more ultra gloss. Also need some tire dressing etc. Hurry and get the other stuff up Ross :grinning:

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
hey Joe,

do you want to send me a list of everything you're after, and i'll sort you out a nice price?!

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
@Big Pimp

Here's a list of stuff I'd like to get a quote for - if you want to pm or respond here either is fine (y)

- TFR 25ltr
- Ultra Foam 25ltr
- Stonebrite (500ml & sprayer)
- Clearview x 6 Tins
- De-Icer 750ML x 4 bottles

Would you maybe have a few solvent resistant spray bottles and some of the taps for the 25ltr drums to make it easier to pour if you have these.

Also can you supply;
- Any decent non-solvent based degreaser that can be used to spray liberally under a car to help remove oil / grease but not damage paint work / finishes / rubbers.
- Copper Grease Spray
- Nitrile Gloves - some boxes of small and some of large

Cheers (y)