Mapped: Every Road Fatality In Britain

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

marcdh

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda AZ-3
Motorways ftw. Less money on epic carnage compilations I flick over and more on safe motorways please.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I don't remember this happening and it was just outside my Coleraine home :confounded:

mapp.JPG

djlee_dj

RMS Regular
Drives
still shocking as the rock says, but not accurate.

one close to home just came up with, 2 car accident .... the driver of the 2nd car, a girl aged 7 died.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Does it only work when you zoom in close ?

Seems odd given where they site speed cameras....Placement certainly doesnt tally up with where Ive seen the cameras.

That's weird really ?

And for sure, Fermanagh and Newry seem to be bad spots.

Again surprising when the Speed Camera Partnership said they dont place cameras on rural roads because no road deaths occur on them.

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
was ther not two or three people killed on the hump back brigde on the ballycrochan road bangor last year ? dont see it on the map just

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
Really shocking and terrible thing is the majority of us know at least one of the fatalities!

evie

RMS Regular
Drives
Yaris
Definitely puts life in perspective looking at that. Really never know what's around the corner. A girl i went to school with was killed in a car accident in either 2002 or 2003, and i can't see hers marked on the map. But the others i know of are on it. So, not entirely accurate, but pretty close.

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
I see the 7 car accident on the Boucher rd, where the car thief was killed is on it

JDFQ300.

RMS Regular
It's got it completely spot on where my best friend died on the moira road in Lisburn. We were 18 at the time, a girl we went to school withs step brother was drunk driving and hit his car. Both drivers were killed. If he'd lived at his old house he wouldn't have even got that far down the moira road, his family live at the very end now near the moira roundabout, the house with the big holeshot sign,he was more or less at the end of his nanny's lane when the collision happened. Very sobering :worried:

Curt

RMS Regular
Drives
B5.5
What year does it go back to? seems to be a few missing from my area

vtec1

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus st
Does it only work when you zoom in close ?

Seems odd given where they site speed cameras....Placement certainly doesnt tally up with where Ive seen the cameras.

That's weird really ?

And for sure, Fermanagh and Newry seem to be bad spots.

Again surprising when the Speed Camera Partnership said they dont place cameras on rural roads because no road deaths occur on them.
have to agree here. 0 deaths at greencastle where they hide behind the wall. 0 deaths at tthe tor bend on the crumlin road where they sit either

Dominoka

RMS Regular
Drives
Nova/Vento
"The complete data over the time period - 1999-2010 - is for Great Britain. However, we have also included some partial data for Northern Ireland, for 2004-2009. The Northern Ireland data comes from a different source and was in a different format and so isn't directly comparable. Some of it was also incomplete.
For this reason it is not possible for us to say the data is representative of the UK as a whole. Our headline reflects this and we have added a note beneath the map to explain."

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.