Mk4 Golf Speedo.....

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

rickyig207

RMS Regular
Drives
MK2 Leon FR
Basically the speedo needle does its own thing, drops then rises and its starting to not move at all. Also the petrol needle has started to do the same. Anyone know if this is a simple fix? cheers

pobmk4

RMS Regular
Drives
Caddy 2K
Possible speedo drive fault, or related wiring, the fuel gauge is fine!! Its because your speedo isnt working that the fuel gauge likes to go crazy!! :grinning:

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
my speedo didnt work after changing the enigne mount and it puzzled me but the sensor had just come off on top of the gearbox put it back in and it was fine
Fuel gauge sensor and VSS would be 2 different things tho? Fuel guage is an odd one, sounds more like clock trouble somewhere :confounded:

Bazmcc will hopefully be along shortly to shine his vast knowledge of VAG upon thee :grinning:

Torrance

RMS Member
Drives
180sx
well when i was driving my fuel gauge would go to full tank to empty going round tight corners

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Really :confounded: Ok weird, as the sensor on top of gearboxes are usually just a vehicle speed sensor.

Maybe im just too used to my jap motors or you have extreme wallowy suspension lol :p

rickyig207

RMS Regular
OP
rickyig207
Drives
MK2 Leon FR
Hopefully got it sorted....New speedo sensor fitted thismorning which has obviously fixed the speedo. As for the fuel gauge, its either fixed itself or the speedo sensor has some sorta effect on it (y)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.