Mk5 Golf rear washer jet

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Anyone know what route the pipe for the rear water jet takes to the back of the car?

I had a random leak in front of the near side rear wheel and as it wasn't raining, I'm hoping the pipe has come off.

pablo

RMS Moderator
if its the same as the MK4 the pipe goes along the pass side sill, up in front of the rear wheel, up the C pillar and into the tailgate. with a connector just inside the body at the top of the c pillar.

pobmk4

RMS Regular
Drives
Caddy 2K
yeah its much the same as the mk4, i think if you remove the trim panel where the parcel shelf sits you will see a connector right infront of you! Cant remember exactly though as its too common on ALL VW's!! LOL

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Bugger, need to lift the trim from the edge if the door then?

That means if it's leaking, it's leaking inside.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Steve, any chance you could get me the link? I couldn't find it.

pobmk4

RMS Regular
Drives
Caddy 2K
Yes, do what i said and remove the black plastic trim where the parcel shelf is seated on the passenger side, then i think theres a couple of Torx25 screws holdin in the lower part of the trim - romve the c-pillar trim and you'll see the pipe!!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
I've stripped the passenger side and a pipe does come up from the front of the arch with some wires, but it then dives off through a grommet and never continues up towards the boot. The drivers side has the same PLUS a corrugated pipe which does come from the boot, so the water comes up the drivers side.

Any other ideas what the leak might be?

Next step will be to remove the wheel and arch liner.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.