NI Speed Camera Locations

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

smyth_installs

cheers for the site addy cooper...

the next few places i mention r for ppl in and around the croosgar/ballynahinch area

crossgar/ballynahinch road - 30mph limit - coming from crossgar, arroaching St. Colmans High School in B'hinch as you pass the Texaco garage. slow down, as the feds r usually standing over the hill with a hair-dryer out.

Saintfield / Belfast road ( in saintfield, on the belfast side ) - 30mph limit - as you approach the town, passing the Ballygowan junction, slow down to 30 or just under it. the police stand opposite the high school ( before Flannigans Carpets, on the left hand side) again, with a hair-dryer out. its a very strict 30, so beware.

Carryduff - just beyond the big roundabout, close to Top Gear ( on the same side of the road ) they usually sit in a marked / plain red transit van with the back doors open) this area is a 50mph zone, so stick to it. its easy to go that little bit more as the roads starts to swerve past the Texaco garage.

Malone Road ( at the roundabout again) - i think this area is a 40, but im not sure.. the police usually sit in a lay-by near the junction at the roundabout. easy to see if u r heading for belfast, but a real boll*x if ur heading for shaws bridge as you cant see them until the last minute.

Newcastle - again, i think its a 50 zone (cos there are 40mph warning signs further down the road) - seen by me and a few mates on the belfast side of newcastle, standing with hair-dryers / out the back of a van on the stretch before Murlough Beach entrances.. there is a parking bay and public toilet before this area on the right hand side, so slow down a bit as u pass here to prevent a booking from a 3-wheeler on a 2-wheeler lmao...

IF YOU KNOW OF ANY MORE, DO ALL THE OTHER USERS A FAVOUR AND LET US KNOW... CHEERS...

hope thats helpful, and sorry if its £60 and 3 points too late...

keith_d

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi A4 Avant Td
If your about l/derry

Coming up from the underdeck of the craigavon bridge waterside bound

Strand road beside the council offices

Cresent link southbound at the enterance to nelson drive

Kilfennan - beside the church

duke street (robocop) on the bike hides between parked cars

Pennyburn pass sitting at the dissused building site

Limavady road - at brigade cricket club

Belt road

safetyschememedium.jpg

yeah right.....

smyth_installs

HILLHALL ROAD - as you come to the end of the Hillhall Rd coming into Lisburn. there is a bridge over ther motorway, just before the end of the road.. the cops sit in a lay-by on the right (as u head for lisburn) just before that bridge. its a 30mph limit, so make sure ya stick to it..

Shaws Bridge - iv seen them sitting on the footpath with the back doors of the van open, snaring ppl as they come round the bend, heading towards to Ramada Hotel.. its a 50mph limit the whole way down that stretch..

if any of my limits are wrong, plz correct them, cos we dont wana be going slower than we have to, or be going to fast and get slapped with points and fine lol

Shaggin_Wagon

Drives
Ford Fiesta mk6
They always sit on the hill after the Peugeot garage on Knock Dual Carriageway. It's a 30mph but most people fly over it at 40-45mph without any problem and they always seem to sit at the dip of the hill. Ba$tards haven't caught me yet and I hope they don't have the pleasure of catching you.

Smick

RMS Regular
Drives
CLA45
Shaggin_Wagon said:
They always sit on the hill after the Peugeot garage on Knock Dual Carriageway. It's a 30mph but most people fly over it at 40-45mph without any problem and they always seem to sit at the dip of the hill. Ba$tards haven't caught me yet and I hope they don't have the pleasure of catching you.

I'll second that, they are always on that hill. In fact, you need to be careful on that carriagway all the way up to forestside shopping centre. Ive even seen them out at 8am on my way to work.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Ive been heading to newry from Hillsborough a few times on Sundays over the mast months, and virtually every time, there has been a Speed Camera van hiding at the side of the road.
Usually around 1pm

A friend from work also got done, heading back from Dublin on the same route, Sunday afternoon, probably around 2-3pm.

As everyone knows, Sunday afternoon when there is little traffic is a very dangerous time, so its just as well they are there.

Van I seen is an un-marked blue transit, sitting with one back door open. At first you think its just someone broke down on the hard shoulder

Shaggin_Wagon

Drives
Ford Fiesta mk6
Be careful on the Sydenham bypass on Sunday's aswell. They tend to sit outside the old Belfast City Airport entrance.

ak89

RMS Regular
Drives
200sx
Yea, watch out for the landrover at the old entrance to the city airport. Saw it in operation just yesterday morning. Also fixed camera on Sydenham Bypass at the lights about half way down although i'm not sure if they're working or not. Speed limit 50 the whole way.

big cyril

RMS Regular
ak89 said:
Yea, watch out for the landrover at the old entrance to the city airport. Saw it in operation just yesterday morning. Also fixed camera on Sydenham Bypass at the lights about half way down although i'm not sure if they're working or not. Speed limit 50 the whole way.

Is the Sydenham camera a speed camera or red light camera?

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
At the Dee Street junction? Both. The speed camera gets you from behind, so to speak, heading out of town towards Holywood.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
big cyril said:
Is the Sydenham camera a speed camera or red light camera?

Red light camera only. Although if you do pass thru a red light, it does take a photo which will also indicate speed.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
You can speed through the lights when theya re green. The camera isnt there to catch speeders. It is only activated when a car goes thru a red light.

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK8 GTi CS
u sure bout this?? i thought it was one of the 4 for speeding?? iv seen it flashing, not at me, and the lights been green.....

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
If it was a speed camera, I'm sure they would have it listed on their website as one. Why bother to list the 4 actual speed cameras and make a big deal about them, and not list the other ?

Ive never been snapped by any of them, but I am pretty sure it is red light only.

Maybe a new thread would be good asking if anyone has been caught by any of the fixed cameras in Northern Ireland ?

If so, photos would be cool too lol

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
I take this route every day and remembering this thread at a red light, the camera phone came into play. This is at Dee Street/A2 Belfast btw.

Camera 1 - conventional Gatso type:
attachment.jpg

Now this camera sat for months with a tarp over it and now seems in use, but this thing, beside the lights looks like a camera to catch people coming out of the harbour estate jumping the lights. Its too big to be a simple traffic radar/sensor:

attachment.jpg

Am I right? Question is, where are the road markings for the speed detection/surely the gatso should be gauging oncoming traffic speed.

Andy

Attachments

• camera1.jpg
    camera1.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 3,422
  • camera2.jpg
    camera2.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 4,155

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Yes, you must be right. As you say, that yellow one is definitely not a red light, there really cant be any dispute.

Although, i always assumed it was getting vehicles travelling out of town towards Holywood thus capturing speed from behind? The one on the Newtownards Road operates the same way as you drive towards Ballyhackamore.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
There are no road markings for speed detection, certainly not that ive ever seen.

Gatso's do photograph from behind, as do any with a visible flash.

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
There are dots on the road at the other cameras afaik. Come to think of it they all photgraph from behind as well lol!

maj029

Drives
rex Vtec
that wee small grey camera could be a traffic light camera.....Probably just catches the people who jump the red light coming out of the docks.....

Plenty of them across the water, and as they're not neccessarily for speed, they aint painted yella yella yella

I fink....

burnsie:scream:

BurntCarcus

RMS Regular
Drives
Scenic TomTom
There's been cops sitting on the outer-ring just before knoockbreda high school under the foot bridge,in the MIDDLE of the dual carriage way, usually 2 of them one pointing either way. Very crafty :mad:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.