Nissan 200sx s14a

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

amcm1

RMS Regular
Bought standard like this around last Christmas

image.jpg

Then fitted rota torques, lowering springs in the front, walbro 255, boost gauge, turbo and exhaust gaskets, front splitter, full 3 inch straight through exhaust from turbo elbow, clear side repeaters, tinted indicators, door locks, door cards, hks air filter, turbosmart recirc dumpvalve, fmic, battery relocated to boot and got clay barred, polished and waxed by 2 friends. Engine needs rebuilt now, turbo has been fully refurbed now with bearings, seals etc new actuator, gaskets and braided oil and coolant feeds, still have to fit mbc, aem wideband gauge, painted and undersealed below and inside arches and an hdev stage 1a chip. How it looks now
image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg

amcm1

RMS Regular
OP
A
Not 100% sure yet! has a real bad rattle most likely crank haha but gives me an excuse now to paint engine bay and below bonnet

amcm1

RMS Regular
OP
A
Have thought about it but don't plan on taking the power any further so couldn't justify spending that kind of money so just going standard, mighty just need a few bits replaced or fully rebuilt but won't know til it gets stripped down and looked at to see what the problem is

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Is rattle there all time or just on start up? If on startup it could just be the vvt rattle (very common on these)

amcm1

RMS Regular
OP
A
Yeah it does have a bit of VVT rattle but this rattle appeared one night on and off and then was there on idle and just constant and got worse when you revved it and this was me sitting inside the car, windows up, radio on and full 3 inch system lol

amcm1

RMS Regular
OP
A
Yeah I was surprised by it, you'd be lucky to ever see me wash a car never mind polish it haha 2 off my mates done it for me and since I seen the difference it made I washed and polished it nearly every week

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
Very tidy, great improvement. Where did you find a standard one?

If its a UK model it is worth getting it cleaned and sealed underneath. Most are getting pretty scabby these days.

Have you thought about getting the headlight washers flushed off the bumper? Its one thing that peeves me about the standard bumper.

amcm1

RMS Regular
OP
A
Yeah the engines out and going to be taking it down to Richard Bradley someday soon

amcm1

RMS Regular
OP
A
Got it just outside comber, basically impossible to get a standard one unless you go to England as there's a few on ebay ATM but big money, cheapest I've seen is around £3k. Yeah that's next on the list, it has seen a few patches but it's solid otherwise, doubt you'd get one now that hasn't been welded or some sort of crash damage. I'd maybe consider it if I was to get the bumper sprayed cos I know where your coming from, I hated them at the start but I wouldn't even notice them now haha @davecoupe

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
I love 14's but that looked horrible compared to now! Hell of a turn around & looks like a proper nice car now.

Very nice indeed (y)

amcm1

RMS Regular
OP
A
Thanks yeah I hated it when I first went to see it and when I brought it home but I knew in my head it had potential and turned out pretty well so far. Tempted to buy one of the roof spoilers for it but I'm still undecided on it

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Roof spoilers look the part & suit these beautifully! Please don't despoiler the boot though, so many people do it & it looks horrible IMO. 2 Spoilers ftw! :p

amcm1

RMS Regular
OP
A
Cars all built back up again, engines running but timings of so trying to get somebody to come sort it for me. Think the cas needs set and there's a possibility it could be a tooth out but haven't bothered looking any further into it. Might take rocker cover of during week and see if all markings line up, its sat there for 3 months since I built it back up and I cbf looking anywhere near it lol

amcm1

RMS Regular
OP
A
Thanks @jasy d had quite a bit of work and time put into it so far and still not finished with it. When engine was removed I stripped most of the engine bay, treated any rust I could find or if it was bad enough I cut it out and welded fresh steel in and then gave it a fresh coat of paint
image.jpg

When I got my engine back it got a new paint job too
image.jpg

Turbo was refurbed and cleaned up with new actuator
image.jpg

Rusty underside of bonnet has rust sanded down, small bit needed welded in, then primed
image.jpg

Then it was given a bit of paint too
image.jpg

Shouldn't be long till its back on the road, been at a few people to come and sort the timing out on it but none of them have got back to me yet so waiting for that to happen then needs mot'd and the engine run in. Shouldn't need much, if anything for mot as it only done a couple of hundred miles since its last one a year ago.

amcm1

RMS Regular
OP
A
That's what Ive assumed but about 3 people have said that although they've never looked at it, surely it would run badly even at idle if it was of a tooth so I think it's just the cas needing set like we talked about before

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.