Nissan Qashqai reviews/buying guide

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

chunkerz

RMS Regular
Drives
A3
Just looking abit off advice

Have a baby on the way and my partner is looking a new car she wanted something bigger than her current car.

Think she's settled on a Nissan Qashqai any advice or what to look out for ?

Thanks

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
We had one as an office pool car for 3 years on lease from new, no problems with it, it was a 1.5 diesel, went ok though I was never a fan of the plastics inside. We now have a 2.0 diesel Skoda Yeti, has she considered it? Bar the ugly lights at the front they are actually a far better car to drive, interior etc is better build quality too.

chunkerz

RMS Regular
OP
chunkerz
Drives
A3
Thanks
It just a family car so not stuck on Qashqai but budget would be 5-6k

jamie615

RMS Regular
Drives
Citroen C2 VTS

chunkerz

RMS Regular
OP
chunkerz
Drives
A3
The juke gives me the dla feeling also ..

The vrs if I had to be driving it would be my choice

Any other options think she likes the idea of being up higher

st6phen

RMS Regular
Drives
anything MOT'd
I wouldnt be surprised that 3/4 of new cars on the road are on DLA, i know a quite a few Mercs and BMW's out on the scheme, hard to know what cars screaming DLA these days - Anyhow,

If your Mrs is anything like mine, an estate would be too long (mentally she finds an estate intimidating), and she's not going to be looking for impressive 0-60 times. While the Qashqai isnt going to set pulses alight, i wouldn't say its a bad little car for the purposes you need - friends bought one a while back, its top of range, panoramic sunroof etc, and sat nav. i think they paid around that for it. Been in it a few times and i honestly thought it was fine - considering one for my Mrs - in my opinion car has good visibility, nice height, not too big, decent room, safe, should the worst happen, and decent finish on the higher specced ones - as i say, wouldn't be my car, but for a sensible family vehicle id have no problems, and as i said, probably going to buy one for the other half myself. Congratulations by the way

tomah

RMS Regular
Drives
Acura MDX
@st6phen
You're right about the different amount of cars on DLA. I know someone who recently got a giant Mini.

Chris0

RMS Regular
Had one and clutch went twice engine packed in and service from charles hurst was terrible

3-nicks

RMS Regular
Drives
Mother has one. I absolutely hate it. Although its nice to drive and gets decent mpg, it is horrible to sit in any other seat bar the drivers. Feels cramped and would make you claustrophobic. The brother nicknamed it the squashcan, guess why?

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
My mum had one too. Two clutches also and felt like it was powered by two AA batteries.

neil205

RMS Regular
Drives
Cupra
Got my wife one and we both love it, it's a 1.5 dci 2007. Looks great and lovely to drive, only 105bhp so could do with a remap! Cool cars, safe for kids and lots of space. We tow a caravan with it too and it does well, good mpg and has loads of extras like 6 disc changer, blue tooth phone connection, parking sensors, automatic everything. We got it in black and got privacy glass, I think it looks great .

chunkerz

RMS Regular
OP
chunkerz
Drives
A3
Got my wife one and we both love it, it's a 1.5 dci 2007. Looks great and lovely to drive, only 105bhp so could do with a remap! Cool cars, safe for kids and lots of space. We tow a caravan with it too and it does well, good mpg and has loads of extras like 6 disc changer, blue tooth phone connection, parking sensors, automatic everything. We got it in black and got privacy glass, I think it looks great .

Model I was looking at is a 07 1.5 dci also

Yes unfortunately my partner thinks estates are too big. Seems clutches are issue from the above comments.

For the money seems to be top contender at present maybe all the dla Cars Have been handed back and driving prices down lol

lackingBHP

RMS Regular
Drives
mediocrely
What you need is a 09 scenic (new model) 1.5 DCI dynamique with only 32k miles for 6k!!

mthompo

RMS Regular
Drives
Too much...
What you need is a 09 scenic (new model) 1.5 DCI dynamique with only 32k miles for 6k!!

Did you seriously suggest a Renault :eek: There is a reason they are cheap....anyone with sense wouldn't buy one lol Electrical faults galore!!!

I hired a qashqai a while back and thought was nice to drive was a petrol one seemed to have get up and go but you know what they say rental car is fastest car in the world :cool: Took some serious abuse for a few days and sipped petrol. Would have considered one myself but went for the disco instead as the 7 seater ones are hard to come by!!

Tedtiler

RMS Regular
Drives
St246 caldina
There was a pretty serious timing belt issue with these cars. Be careful. Main problem is the totally soulless styling matched to gutless engines . If you buy one of these you're really saying you've given up on cars and a to b transport is all you require.

My sister got one- didn't speak to her for ages!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.