Number plate transfers

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

the_watcher87

Drives
Pug 307
Basically I have to go to Nottingham within the next 10 days to get a car I've bought to drive back here to NI. Seeing as it will have a mainland reg should it be easy enough to get one of them personalized number plates put on it?

Just hate the thought of having to pay the extra to get it put onto a mainland reg to then transfer straight onto an NI car.

If anyone can help or explain what needs done it will be very much appreciated.

D

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Basically I have to go to Nottingham within the next 10 days to get a car I've bought to drive back here to NI. Seeing as it will have a mainland reg should it be easy enough to get one of them personalized number plates put on it?

Just hate the thought of having to pay the extra to get it put onto a mainland reg to then transfer straight onto an NI car.

If anyone can help or explain what needs done it will be very much appreciated.

D

It will transfer straight on. But obviously it will need to remain registered in England for the entire duration, and documents will be sent to that registered address.

Ashton

RMS Regular
Drives
I'll tell you what you need to do for the quickest transfer...

As soon as you buy it call into the local dvla office in England with the tax disc and MOT cert and your current reg. transfer documents and they can switch it over in about 5minutes.

I did this, 5mins later the fella comes out with new MOT & Tax disc for me...couldnt believe how quick it was.

Ashton

RMS Regular
Drives
no prob (y) number plate transfers for us in n.i can be a ballache but this should help!

the_watcher87

OP
T
Drives
Pug 307
Who's the cheapest over here if I was just to get the whole thing sorted here?

Reason I'm asking is my brother and sister have been looking there's done for a while too.

syecadelic

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo IX
Who's the cheapest over here if I was just to get the whole thing sorted here?

Reason I'm asking is my brother and sister have been looking there's done for a while too.

Western Reg in Enniskillen done mine, easy enough and wasnt that costly, i don't think.

And yeah to Ashton, ballache and a half, i got my new car reg'd in england. and went to put my personal one on.
Got delayed because it had to be re-reged in northern ireland, and then have the plate put on :mad:

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
I dont know why it had to be re registered first

I just bought a car from england. Drove it back over here and sent the new owners part of the v5 with the form to apply for duplicate v5 in a new keepers name along with the reg transfer documents. No problems

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.