Once again .............. watch your cars

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Someone tried to nick my DC5 out of the work car park yesterday. I heard my alarm going off but this was about 30 secs after the event ....... wouldn't even have known about it if not for one of the guys in work who spotted a car full of spidey looking sorts shooting off. Very slight damage to the metal part of passenger door lock but nothing to the paint or body. Think they might also have made a beeline for another car parked near mine too.

This was 4pm, busy car park with plenty of our work people coming and going ........ they have brass balls these days. Just a pity I wasn't at our office window as I would have taken great delight in breaking the thief's arm with an iron bar if I'd seen him

Marc.W

RMS Regular
Drives
Lupo GTI
Must be the warm weather bringing them out :worried:

Best thing to do (for cars that have them) is get a passenger side door lock blank and put it on the drivers side, means there is no visible key hole for them to try and punch through, Stoney had this done on his old Ibiza

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Lucky escape, Gaz. Glad there was no damage, they really don't give a fook where or when they do it.

tasha

RMS Regular
Drives
Verso
Must be the warm weather bringing them out :worried:

Best thing to do (for cars that have them) is get a passenger side door lock blank and put it on the drivers side, means there is no visible key hole for them to try and punch through, Stoney had this done on his old Ibiza

Noone should have to do that though. Really boils my blood. Im I that naive that I just cannot even begin to imagine as to why people can do and think such dishonest things, such as stealing and so on.

Really should be drowned at birth these wee p***ks! Been dragged up rather than brought up!

Gaz

OP
Gaz
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
What you going to do on Monday Gaz?

With the car? Same thing I do every day now .... park it at my window with steering lock on. And keep the bar close by :mad:

I've no doubt they'll probably come back to try again.

big cyril

RMS Regular
With the car? Same thing I do every day now .... park it at my window with steering lock on. And keep the bar close by :mad:

I've no doubt they'll probably come back to try again.

I'm sure you're aware their rights are more important than yours so if this bar you're talking about is anything more than a Yorkie and you use it you'll be going to Maghaberry and they won't be prosecuted. It's crap but that's how it is.
Glad they didn't get in btw.

Gaz

OP
Gaz
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Oh I know I know .............. I would gladly pay that price.

Rik

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E46 M3
Im just waiting for them, my proxy sensors would be going nuts if they were near any of the windows, Glad there was minimal damage :worried:

steviestdi

RMS Regular
Drives
Bora&Impreza sti
What part of Belfast was this?
There was a car parked close to mine broken into yesterday in the car park I use on Boucher Road.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Not an immobiliser in the DC5's Gaz?

Dirty bastids. You'll need to keep a real close eye on it now.

Chris_702

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
Glad to hear there was little damage.
Like Coog said, youll need to keep a close eye now they know it sits there.

localboy

RMS Regular
Drives
bora
Use a wheel brace instead
then call it self defense

no CCTV about to catch them gaz?

marcusplowman

RMS Regular
Drives
Yes
Where abouts was it parked Gaz? PM me if you dont want to put it up on here! Get yourself a Disklok if you dont already have one...definitely one of the best visual deterents!

santoz

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS, Clio 182
I knocked down someone trying to carjack me before, felt good (y)

Ruth

RMS Regular

forgot i came up with that one , such a simple easy to do thing as well and cost buttons :cool:

stoney

Richy

RMS Regular
Drives
E55
Someone in the office beside my Missus' work on York Street got their car nicked yesterday... walked into the office, lifted the boss' keys and facked aff with his car.

Brass Balls indeed.

Sorry to hear about your car Gaz, glad I don't take the Skyline to work, peering out the window every five minutes, just as bad leaving it at home tbh lol, terrible state of affairs, but Im not gonna change my lifestyle of choice of vehicle because of some inbred scumbag bastids.

M@tt B

RMS Regular
Drives
200sx S14
Yes be careful, better weather and these gits are comin out of the woodwork. Dads noticed few dodgy lookin guys about our way recently aswell looking around the place on a couple occasions. Just going to have to keep an eye out, i suggest the rest do the same.

Also last week in our gym 2 guys where followed in and their lockers broke into and keys and wallets taken, then they took their cars (n)

Marc.W

RMS Regular
Drives
Lupo GTI
I'm sure you're aware their rights are more important than yours so if this bar you're talking about is anything more than a Yorkie and you use it you'll be going to Maghaberry and they won't be prosecuted. It's crap but that's how it is.
Glad they didn't get in btw.

I think it was therock who said 'they aren't going to go running to the police saying 'I was trying to steal this guys car and he assaulted me' so its fair game' or something along those lines

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
They're brave chancing it in that car park, not the quitest of places to attempt it!

Gaz

OP
Gaz
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
What part of Belfast was this?
There was a car parked close to mine broken into yesterday in the car park I use on Boucher Road.

Not far away from you then!

Not an immobiliser in the DC5's Gaz?

Dirty bastids. You'll need to keep a real close eye on it now.

Immobiliser and alarm, but I have zero faith in electronics as anyone in the know can always bypass them. Full steering lock FTW

Use a wheel brace instead
then call it self defense

no CCTV about to catch them gaz?

Doesn't work ..... :worried: .... I've asked the powers that be to replace it.

They're brave chancing it in that car park, not the quitest of places to attempt it!

I hear ya. One of our staff spotted 2 dodgy looking males in the car park last week, they challenged them and they pretended they were looking for a shortcut through our place - but they were obviously scoping it out.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.