one for the 2 space parkers

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

stubbsy

RMS Regular
Drives
old skool pre 96
picture the scene.pay and display car park,5pm fri t/time.car park has no more than half a dozen cars, in wot i would say has 70 spaces! the wife takes up 2 spaces (cause ive told her to ,everywhere she parks when there are no mother and baby spaces)as we have a 3yo.she comes back 30 mins later with a £30 fixed!!!!! WTF????

well not really,yes we do have a 3yo,but like me she does the 2 space thing.:p

mills road car park in bangor,ie the one where we all went to when we got bucked out from the bottom carpark a few years ago.:cool: she parked up "way" up in the corner behind the church.

she payed and displayed,the car park was in the same near "empty" state when she left the car, as it was when she came back,:worried: if i had of got the hold of mr or mrs traffic warden with an id nos of 2006 he/she would deffo have got clipped(y)

big cyril

RMS Regular
Unfortunately the way our criminal justice system works the chances of getting caught and punished for the most trivial of offences is much greater than more serious ones.

rugrat

RMS Photographer
Drives
Leon FR 2.0TDi
If the carpark was nearly empty before she left and after she returned, I think that is very harsh. :confounded:

I don't know the carpark - were there no mother n baby spaces?

As a dad, Pablo, I thought you would understand the need for space getting a child in and out of the car safely!

pablo

RMS Moderator
I would park in a quiet part in a single space. no need to park over 2 spaces. especially the "I dont want to get my door dinged" brigade.

six_impressive_hours

RMS Regular
I would park in a quiet part in a single space. no need to park over 2 spaces. especially the "I dont want to get my door dinged" brigade.

I pretty much park miles away everywhere in a single space. Pisses the other half of when it's raining, which is a lot in NI :sob:

j

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I do the two space thing but in FREE carparks

IMO they had the right to fine you but it was a bit harsh!

Bryan

RMS Regular
I trust no one when it comes to car parks.

I will park over two spaces in the most furtherst part of the car park from the shop/wherever. I'm not going to risk damage to my car from stupid people who have no respect for theirs/other people's property.

A £30 fine is a bit cheaper than removing dents from the door but still unfair.

samb

RMS Regular
I wonder if you'd have bought 2 tickets could they still have given you the ticket, can't see how they could, you'd have paid for 2 spaces :laughing:

stubbsy

RMS Regular
OP
S
Drives
old skool pre 96
as above yes it is a bit cheaper than getting dent master out:cool: and no there isnt any mother and baby places,

funny you should say about the 2 ticket thing:laughing:
she was meeting her sister there and we do have two tickets,with the same time on them:p :p

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
If the car park was virtually empty....why did she feel the need to take 2 spaces in the first place ???

Where they monster trucks taking up the entire car park and obstructing her getting the baby out of the car ???

If it was empty, no matter where she parked, she would have had plenty of room.

It may seem harsh, but she blatantly parked incorrectly, so can hardly argue about what happened.

Bryan

RMS Regular
If they made the spaces big enough to allow you to get out of the car without worrying about denting the car next to you in the first place there would also be no problem.

Marc.W

RMS Regular
Drives
Lupo GTI
I Try not to take up two spaces, but sometimes when your parking beside a car with rust and dings everywhere they leave me no choice, which is why I try and park beside Beemers and Mercs or the likes (y)

big cyril

RMS Regular
I generally avoid parking in busy car parks.
It is usually possible with a little planning.

stevyg

RMS Regular
You defo dont need an extra carpark space to get a child out of the car. Its very annoying when your trying to find a space and theres someone taking up 2 spaces. To say you need an extra space to get a child out is rubbish. I was out yesterday with my mate in his Santa-Fe jeep with his twins in the victoria centre car park and had no problem at all getting them in and out of the car in those tight spaces, just takes you to be carefull.

stubbsy

RMS Regular
OP
S
Drives
old skool pre 96
o really? what are parent and baby spaces for:-# the wife has a 3dr golf and is quite hard for her. anyways the thread is aimed at the people who take up two spaces,and not intended for a slanging match.

just off the fone to a mate who is a warden based in carrick,he says if we have 2 tickets she will get off no probs:laughing: he says u arnt paying for parking, its the space your paying for.

samb

RMS Regular
as above yes it is a bit cheaper than getting dent master out:cool: and no there isnt any mother and baby places,

funny you should say about the 2 ticket thing:laughing:
she was meeting her sister there and we do have two tickets,with the same time on them:p :p

Job done, tell them you'd bought 2 tickets giving you the right to 2 spaces.

stevyg

RMS Regular
o really? what are parent and baby spaces for:-# the wife has a 3dr golf and is quite hard for her. anyways the thread is aimed at the people who take up two spaces,and not intended for a slanging match.

just off the fone to a mate who is a warden based in carrick,he says if we have 2 tickets she will get off no probs:laughing: he says u arnt paying for parking, its the space your paying for.

And what did people do before parent baby spaces? leave the child in the car? They are just a convience, not a necessity. But if you have 2 tickets then I agree its the space you pay for, therefore your entitled to 2 spaces.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Ya took up 2 spaces while only paying for 1, you get fined, which you knew was possible otherwise you wouldnt have even paid in the first place, yet you come on here and yap at the fact that someone made you aware of the law regarding parking...?

Righto... (y)

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
parent and baby spaces are discrimination against single people....and a marketing ploy to encourage these people to go the their shopping centre, as opposed to another.

big cyril

RMS Regular
So Stevie, by your argument are disabled spaces discriminating against the able bodied? ;)

smyth

RMS Regular
Drives
172 cup
invest in a dirty, cheap second hand child seat restraint jobby, and **** it into the back seat before you leave the car et voila, easy parking

big cyril

RMS Regular
Tesco online delivery (y)

All your groceries delivered to your door, no chance of getting the car dented and it costs less than the petrol you would have spent getting there and back.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.