Peugeot 206... Cutting Out... Please Help!!!!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

sean2009

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Hi everyone!!!

Basicially ive just got a 2001 peugeot 206 1.1 petrol and i am having a bit of difficulty with it,
what happens is when i clutch in or im sitting in traffic and its sitting idle it will just cut out but will
start straight back up again no bother!
I have had it at the machinac and he has put it on the computer and its saying that its the MAP
SENSOR this part has been changed and it hasnt solved the problem he has also cleaned out the
trottle body, and put in new spark plugs,,,,,, the machinac i have taken the car to is very good
and was recommended to me but i have still had no joy at solving this problem that is driving me
mad as it is still cutting out, any help in solving this problem would be great. thanks in advance.

sean2009

RMS Regular
OP
sean2009
Drives
M3
Fuel injectors. Engine management light?

Hi yes the engine light is constantly on, and as ive already spent money trying to get to the problem i want other
peoples opinions before it gets to the stage of changing every part on the engine lol... have you heard of this problem before??
thanks for the quick reply!!!!

Lucy Fir

RMS Regular
I'd recommend getting the lend of an OBD2 code reader, it'll tell you why the EML is on and set you well on your way to finding the fault.

sean2009

RMS Regular
OP
sean2009
Drives
M3
I'd recommend getting the lend of an OBD2 code reader, it'll tell you why the EML is on and set you well on your way to finding the fault.

I have had it on that and it says the engine light is on due to the MAP SENSOR if that makes any sense
at all i ahve changed this part and it still is reading this as the problem even after problem is wiped with the OBD2 READER.
Thanks for reply

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
The idle control valve?

They can be problematic and faulty ones lead to stalling on deceleration.

sean2009

RMS Regular
OP
sean2009
Drives
M3
The idle control valve?

They can be problematic.

i am a girl with no sense of direction when it comes to car this is my brother in laws page
and he kindly let me use it, so could you please tell me were that part is and if it would be expensive to
replace.
THANKS

RoniN

RMS Regular
Clean the throttle body, heard similar before, crap builds up on the throttle body and doesn't allow the bufferfly to close properly, this lets in to much air on idle and stalls the engine.

I took the air pipe off and cleaned the inside of the throttle body and butterfly with thinners and a cloth, it was completely black with crap, never had a problem since. Might have to reset the eml again.

Hope that helps

Cheers

sean2009

RMS Regular
OP
sean2009
Drives
M3
Clean the throttle body, heard similar before, crap builds up on the throttle body and doesn't allow the bufferfly to close properly, this lets in to much air on idle and stalls the engine.

I took the air pipe off and cleaned the inside of the throttle body and butterfly with thinners and a cloth, it was completely black with crap, never had a problem since. Might have to reset the eml again.

Hope that helps

Cheers[/quo

Thanks for the tip ill get someone to have a look at that tomorrow as it wont cost to clean it,
although my machinac has said he did clean it out... ill give it another shot

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
i am a girl with no sense of direction when it comes to car this is my brother in laws page
and he kindly let me use it, so could you please tell me were that part is and if it would be expensive to
replace.
THANKS

Usually near the air intake. £10-£15.

Lucy Fir

RMS Regular
I have had it on that and it says the engine light is on due to the MAP SENSOR if that makes any sense
at all i ahve changed this part and it still is reading this as the problem even after problem is wiped with the OBD2 READER.
Thanks for reply

Doesn't necessarily mean it's a problem with the sensor. Check the plugs and do a continuity test on the wiring.

sean2009

RMS Regular
OP
sean2009
Drives
M3
Doesn't necessarily mean it's a problem with the sensor. Check the plugs and do a continuity test on the wiring.

i had a new set of spark plugs put in last week!
whats a wiring test and do you need a machinac to
do that,

thanks

mthompo

RMS Regular
Drives
Too much...
what kind of plugs have been fitted??, could also be coilpack there are notirous for them

mthompo

RMS Regular
Drives
Too much...
i used to work in peugeot hurst on boucher, we found they didnt seem to run the best on numerous makes of plugs bosch and ngk seemed to be only ones they liked....

sean2009

RMS Regular
OP
sean2009
Drives
M3
i used to work in peugeot hurst on boucher, we found they didnt seem to run the best on numerous makes of plugs bosch and ngk seemed to be only ones they liked....

Thanks i will get someone to check and c wat plugs have been put into it
thanks for your help, hopefully i will get to the bottom of it soon.
do you think i should change the idle control valve i have already changed the
map sensor and had the trottle body cleaned out and nothing has cured the problem.

belfastchris

RMS Regular
Drives
E61msport
The bro in law just bought a 206 that would just randomly cut out, he took it to his mechanic that replaced a cable around/behind the battery terminal? I never personally saw the fault or what was replaced but just food for thought..

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.