Pic of a stubby gun with Karcher adapter.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Anyone use a stubby gun on their Karcher power hose ? We got one but it's pissing water out of where it clips in. Wondering if there's a slight difference and they've sent the wrong adapter. It clips in fine.

johnjb

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo V50
Anyone use a stubby gun on their Karcher power hose ? We got one but it's pissing water out of where it clips in. Wondering if there's a slight difference and they've sent the wrong adapter. It clips in fine.
Have you dismantled the stubby gun, to inspect the rubber washer around the steel end piece attached to the hose.
Its more than likely perished. Can be purchased via Amazon

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Have you dismantled the stubby gun, to inspect the rubber washer around the steel end piece attached to the hose.
Its more than likely perished. Can be purchased via Amazon
The brass bit that clicks in to the adapter? The rubber looks OK, and it doesn't leak the the normal plastic Karcher gun.

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
O ring on the hose side. Usually give trouble doesn't take much to upset them. I got cleantec to send me out a load a few years back.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
O ring on the hose side. Usually give trouble doesn't take much to upset them. I got cleantec to send me out a load a few years back.
I have a wee assortment of
o-rings, I'll fire one on to try (even if they're not the right thing it might let me know if that's the issue)

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
Is it a quick release one or the fat k adapter?

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Is it a quick release one or the fat k adapter?
20240130_211123.jpg

Attachments

• 20240130_211102.jpg
    20240130_211102.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240130_211056.jpg
    20240130_211056.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 0

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Can you stick your snowfoam gun in that or do you have to just use your normal handle?
Snowfoam works, you just swap out the adapter on your foam bottle to the quick release type like the different jet nozzles. Means you can't chop and change though.

RsImp

RMS Regular
@CharlySkunkWeed i had the same problem and it was because there was a fracture in the metal part of the adapter. (Brand new adapter). From memory the fracture couldn’t really be seen until the outer plastic was removed.

Mackers91

RMS Regular
Looks like you got it from these guys?

I've the same one and it's leak free. Use it with one of their 15 meter hoses.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Looks like you got it from these guys?

I've the same one and it's leak free. Use it with one of their 15 meter hoses.
No it was bought from Autobrite, they include whatever adapter you select in the kit.