Porsche 911 997 Carrera S

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
£12000 in the last 2 years and was only driven a few thousand miles :scream:

I spent £1500 on my last one in a year and didn't drive it much which is why I sold it but £12000!!!!

A 997 would be on my to own list aswell when 2 seats won’t cut it anymore. I will inevitably have to go back to 4 seats at some stage when the youngest petrol head wants to go out for drives with his big brother and daddy lol, not an issue for now but I’d say there will be rows when he’s up another few years.

The only thing is the running and maintenance costs scare the life out of me and I’d be constantly thinking if it went wrong that could drain any savings in a heartbeat. That’s the beauty of a lightweight sports car like the Elise, not sore on consumable parts and it’s basically got old skool Toyota running gear which shouldn’t cost the earth if something major broke. I love 997’s though.

ka88

RMS Regular
Drives
Porsche 997 C2S
Looks a beauty, health to drive (y)

Last edited:

ScottIGLaw

RMS Regular
OP
S
Drives
Porsche 911
Some updated pictures

13C6D0AA-E7ED-4F45-BC4D-381FF3B94CC9.jpeg
R5__9882.jpeg
R5__9903.jpeg
R5__9931.jpeg
R5B_9442.jpeg
R5B_9398-Pano.jpeg
R5B_9562-Pano.jpeg

Boksic

RMS Regular
I'm normally anti black wheels on anything, but that looks class. It also looks like it would be really really hard to keep looking clean 😂👍🏻

ScottIGLaw

RMS Regular
OP
S
Drives
Porsche 911
IMG_4295.jpeg

Car had its first service today since I purchased it last August.

Was terrified we would find something sinister in the process as I drive it pretty hard and in all weather!

Thankfully, a full inspection resulted in a clean bill, phew!

Still enjoying the car and cant think of many other cars that do what this does for the money and with relatively inexpensive maintenance.

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
I know it’s a bit like asking a woman her age, but very curious on servicing costs if you don’t mind sharing.

ScottIGLaw

RMS Regular
OP
S
Drives
Porsche 911
I know it’s a bit like asking a woman her age, but very curious on servicing costs if you don’t mind sharing.

Sure, £280 for a minor and £480 for major, which should be every 2 years.

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Always smile when I see a 997, such a great looking car. Inexpensive maintenance isn't something you hear many people saying about them though!

Neil@rockvale

RMS Regular
Lovely , can’t beat a nice 997, I love them and keep going back to them . I’m on my 3rd one now as every time I sell I want another soon after😎😎

Last edited:

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Thats hard to beat right there, didn’t see it in newcastle last sunday did I?

ScottIGLaw

RMS Regular
OP
S
Drives
Porsche 911
So, a fella decided to reverse into my rear bumper a month or so ago. Surprisingly the paint was just scratched and damaged, nothing structural.

Got the entire rear bumper painted and while as I was at it, just to make enemies with the purest’s, had the decal painted gloss black.

The curbs keep moving towards the car when I’m driving, so had to have two refurbed. Totally not my fault :grinning:

Anyhow the car has been brilliant, had a minor service completed at AG Ballyclare, highly recommend, done about 7k miles since last August.

Would have to admit I have the 911 bug!

Next up is another detail and upgrade the PCM.

IMG_4973.jpeg
IMG_4976.jpeg

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
Met you on the Upper Newtownards Road Today, car looks well on the move!