Ported Mi16 head - some quick pics

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Pac-Man

Banned
Bronze valve guides, 3 angle valve seats and exhaust ports opened up. Need to wait for my new inlet manifold before i can have the inlet ports matched to it.

Needs a skim but looking good so far :grinning:

Fast_CAV

RMS Regular
Drives
548hp sr20
Very tasteful...Would nearly "play" with those holes Myself :p
BTW looks ohh soo similar to a red top vauxahll head...

merlin

RMS Regular
Who's doing that for you Pacman?

C20XE and MI16 heads are interchangable are they not? (Don't know much about it so please don't slate me lol)

Adam

RMS Regular
C-S_Cormac said:
ehh no there not!!

Cormac

Yup they are. You can combine the top and bottom of either engine.
I cant remember now which works best.

Pac-Man

Banned
OP
P
S_Gault said:
doesnt look like a multi angle seat to me.
Thats what i was told whgen i bought it, although i hadn't seen it beforehand. Not overly fussed if they haven't been done anyway as i gather they only less than a tenner per valve to be cut. Sound about right?

Yoiu have PM by the way, Steven.

Pac-Man

Banned
OP
P
C-S_Cormac said:
ehh no there not!!

Cormac
Apparently so, although i doubt they are 'interchangeable' as suggested. Surely there would be some machining required to match the oilways up at least? :?

Adam

RMS Regular
Not from what Ive seen. The oil ways are actually pretty similar apparently!
There was a post about it all on MIG recently and they were comparing a redtop bottom end with a Mi16 head and vise versa.

S_Gault

RMS Regular
with re-engineering, pretty much anything can be achieved.

I have had a motorbike head on an A-series for example, it means making pulleys to drive the overhead cams as well as the std pushrod one (as it drives oil pump).. and welding oil ports and waterways.

Steven

Dermot

Adam said:
Not from what Ive seen. The oil ways are actually pretty similar apparently!
There was a post about it all on MIG recently and they were comparing a redtop bottom end with a Mi16 head and vise versa.

I'll tell ya ever better than that... The 6 cylinder Carlton 24V Head fits straight onto a manta 4 cylinder 1.8 botton end... And Probley the 2.0 Vaux engines aswell... You just get an angle grinder and chop off the 2 cylinders you dont need... Dont have to patch up water or oil gallery's or anything ..

Adam

RMS Regular
It could have a tractor gear rod with a lump grinded off now for all you know! LOL

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.