Possible Track Car

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

acsmyth

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra
As the title suggests, along with my daily drive I'm looking for something cheap to take along to track days.

My budget is about £1500 so there's a couple of possibilities. Needs to be something relatively quick with decent handling that can be tuned in future when more money comes in.

What kind of cars would you be looking out for?

There's a couple of decent Clio 172's about for this sort of money...any other suggestions?

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
My OH has a wee mk2 MX5 that would be a perfect track car. I'm actually considering it myself. Full years MOT on it, few cosmetic marks like a dent in the rear quarter (won't matter if you're tracking it) but it would be absolutely immense fun around a track. It would go for just under £1000 I'd say, leaving you change for a diff :grinning:

glynnnova

RMS Regular
Drives
R33 GTST, S2000
I might be selling my mx5 in the near future
E8C03FFD-C9B4-4C7E-9528-F12CB79C6F00.jpg

1DDB1E27-37D4-43E4-8D06-075C839ACA58.jpg

1F072A0F-CEE9-4266-9C24-DE75AB355BD6.jpg

rosssei

RMS Regular
172 Adam if you want to stick FWD - the 172 cup is the one to go for if you go down that route or a ph1.

MX5 for cheap RWD fun, just watch out for rot.

106lad

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 GT2 / 182
You just cant beat a 172 Clio for this.

Well priced Cup is what id be after

ryst

RMS Regular
Drives
MG ZT CDTI
Might be slightly biased on this one, but if you're looking for something quick with excellent handling and for peanuts, for me it'd be hard to overlook an mg zt 160/190.
I'd nearly go as far to say that you could get two for 1500 lol.

chunky

RMS Regular
Drives
Lots
http://reallymeansounds.com/motors/index.php?id=27213

I have this for sale. Since the pics it now has the passenger bucket and harness put in. New steering arm and track rod arm, new engine mounts, new drive shaft spline joint, all 4 megane wheels put on, 4 wheel alignment done. Wouldn't be taking much less than the asking price now to be honest. Far tighter car than it was.

purplea4T

RMS Regular
Octavia vRS? I've one sitting here needs a rear caliper, lowered on Weitecs and proper OE Golf 4motion shocks, you'd still have money left;)

K55

RMS Regular
Would probably be looking at cheap 172/182's if it was me as well I think, little pocket rockets.

C4L

RMS Regular
I don't understand how anyone could get enjoyment out of a FWD trackcar time and time again, first few times maybe but once your handy enough behind the wheel...

mx5 gets my vote or something or that nature

106lad

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 GT2 / 182
I don't understand how anyone could get enjoyment out of a FWD trackcar time and time again, first few times maybe but once your handy enough behind the wheel...

mx5 gets my vote or something or that nature

I dont undertstand how someone could get enjoyment out of a car with no power time and time again.

If its RWD you want, sack off the stupid MX5 idea and get an E36 328i Sport, Diff and 325 Throttle Body etc.

190bhp, RWD, Plenty of Go.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.