Products to remove stale smoke odour?

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
New thread because the old ones are locked.

So what’s available or recommended these days to remove the stale smoke odour from cars?

I’ve the car thoroughly vacuumed out, sprayed the carpets with loads of A-Kem air freshener, leather seats cleaned and conditioned, trims cleaned etc… and the smell is still very potent.

Jethro

RMS Regular
White vinegar has always worked for me.
Empty a bottle into a shallow container like a casserole dish or even 2 dishes depending on the strength of the smell. I have placed a microfibre cloth in the dish too with half of it in the vinegar and half out and then just wait. If you can leave it a day or longer the smell will disappear. If you're happy enough to drive about with it for a few days, even better.
Your car might smell like a packet of salt and vinegar crisps for a few days but its better than smoke smells

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
I’d this in the 7.5. Left it with @big_pete to work his magic with a shampoo and I believe two bombs later. Changed the pollen filter a couple of times since and that’s been that.

purplea4T

RMS Regular
White vinegar has always worked for me.
Empty a bottle into a shallow container like a casserole dish or even 2 dishes depending on the strength of the smell. I have placed a microfibre cloth in the dish too with half of it in the vinegar and half out and then just wait. If you can leave it a day or longer the smell will disappear. If you're happy enough to drive about with it for a few days, even better.
Your car might smell like a packet of salt and vinegar crisps for a few days but its better than smoke smells
This. I did it with a wee polo we’d bought, smell disappeared after 2 full days. Cheap and easy. Then pollen filter just to make sure.

DreamTheater

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda Civic
Always found this very effective

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
When I bought the vxr8 the smoke smell was deadly… ran an odour bomb through it for a while with the engine running and blowers full blast and it did a good job

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Anyone ever used one of the Ozone machines? I think it's similar to an odour bomb, but more than 1 use (and obviously more expensive)

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
90's Junk
What about the smell of petrol? The outlet on the fuel pump on my bros car split and pumped a full tank out the top spraying the underside of the rear bench.

brocks

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW X6 M50d
I have a portable fogging machine which you are more than welcome to borrow/use. Uses an odour and anti bacterial fluid that I have used to good effect. Fire me a PM and I’ll arrange to get it dropped up to you bud