Random HPI check question.......

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
Drives
Rover's!
Does anyone know does a HPI check on a car bring up the full VIN of the car if you only have the reg plate?

Reason I ask im trying to find out about a very specific prototype Rover 75 (yes sad I know)...

r40test_01.jpg

....Ive found out that its a 1999 2.5 V6, but regarding transmission I can only assume its a manual with it having fog lights (oil cooler changed for auto transmissions later), but is obviously a prototype as neither manufacture or model can be associated with it through.

Can anyone help me out? The car is not insured and hasnt been for years so I assume it might have been crushed.

Anyone?

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
I'll run it through our VRM look up tomorrow, there's a small chance that it might come up, and if it does the VIN will be on it.

If you don't hear from me by the afternoon drop me a reminder @Colin

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
OP
Rover Repair
Drives
Rover's!
I'll run it through our VRM look up tomorrow, there's a small chance that it might come up, and if it does the VIN will be on it.

If you don't hear from me by the afternoon drop me a reminder @Colin

Thank you mate very much, should start SARR but often they just come up with SAR missing and just start R. (y)

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Does anyone know does a HPI check on a car bring up the full VIN of the car if you only have the reg plate?

Reason I ask im trying to find out about a very specific prototype Rover 75 (yes sad I know)...

r40test_01.jpg

....Ive found out that its a 1999 2.5 V6, but regarding transmission I can only assume its a manual with it having fog lights (oil cooler changed for auto transmissions later), but is obviously a prototype as neither manufacture or model can be associated with it through.

Can anyone help me out? The car is not insured and hasnt been for years so I assume it might have been crushed.

Anyone?

You sure that's the right reg no? N reg puts that car above as late '95 to early '96, not '99.

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Untitled-4 copy.jpg

They didn't make the 75 that early.

Edit: Why did they never make this?

rover55_02.jpg

With a better front end and some bits that don't fall off that would be smashing looking.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Prototype or not it's been registered before it was built which is strange. Maybe there's some significance with that reg and/or it's been transferred from another car.

For some reason eBay can get number of previous owners on a car too. Generally tends to be pretty accurate as it's one of the checks I do before heading out to 'kick the tyres'.

According to eBay it's had 0 previous owners. So it's either scrap or lying in a shed somewhere, never used. Apparently no one owns it or has registered it since Rover had it.

ManufacturerROVER
Model
TypeESTATE
Doors
Year1999
ColourSILVER
Engine size2497
Transmission
FuelPETROL
Date of 1st Registration01 Jun 1999
Vehicle Registration MarkN*** ***
Number of previous owners0

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I use the hpi system about 20 times a day. And I've never seen them ask for a vin.

They don't ask for a VIN but they don't tell you what it is either. You need to provide it to them so they can reconcile to their records. That's coming from a normal punters view though, maybe your HPI system offers up the VIN straight away?

mmc01

RMS Regular
They don't ask for a VIN but they don't tell you what it is either. You need to provide it to them so they can reconcile to their records. That's coming from a normal punters view though, maybe your HPI system offers up the VIN straight away?

It definitely does show up the full vin straight away when I punch in the reg.

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular

I think it depends on what HPI system you use.

I know the one my friend uses (main dealer), it asks for mileage and reg and if you put the wrong or a random mileage in and someone else does an HPI it can flag up on the NMR that there is a mileage discrepancy.

Chris_702

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
HPI system I use asks for registration and mileage. It will then provide me with vehicle details including the VIN.

Sudesh

RMS Regular
Drives
Various
Is it the car in the pic your looking to check?

r40test_01.jpg

Anyone?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.