Rear window tint

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Is the law on a rear window tint the same as side tints, 35% or thereabouts?

scub

Banned
Is the law on a rear window tint the same as side tints, 35% or thereabouts?
no mate - dark as ya like - should be imo. its not that safe.
wouldnt recommend it too dark tho . i cant see what make of car is behind me at night eg. if its plod:oops:

saxo_man

RMS Regular
No regulation on that, as some vans for example have no windows at the rear. But as scub says, it's damn hard to see at night and when reversing.

Gaz

OP
Gaz
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Excellent, want to get the rear done in my s2k hardtop and thought there was a limit on it also

Gaz

OP
Gaz
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
No, any that's been tinted came with the tint already done

AndyG

RMS Regular
Ids the 35% on the front only legal if its done by the manufacturer?

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
Drives
Stuff
I don't think it's 35%. it's closer to 17% and most cars come with this already so any more tint would be too dark

randomgary

RMS Regular
Drives
Corsa VXR
my fronts are 35 as standard and it hardly looks tinted, should say the tint percentage in the bottom corner

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
gary - wouldnt be as much as that - afaik the law allows 17% or 17.5% tint on windows from factory

Gaz

OP
Gaz
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Dunno yet, likely go to JJ Tints up in Derry next time I'm passing

tommytoledo

RMS Regular
Drives
seat toledo
if you dont need a centre rear view mirror y wud u need back windows laugh out loud (ha warn me for text speak laugh out loud)

Gaz

OP
Gaz
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
What are you talking about? I just want to tint my rear window slightly. Centre rear-view mirror will work fine.

FatRat

Drives
M3 Evo SMG
Check out my post on page two of "Legal" forum in “law on tinted windows and visors?" It has the answers to your questions.

Legal limit for ALL glass forward of the B pillar is 30% and unlimited for ALL glass behind the B pillar (as dark as you like, you can use bin liners if that’s your bag). It does not matter if it is fitted by the manufacturer or not the law is the same. All cars have a certain amount of tint from factory and it is usually about 10%, this is built into the glass to avoid drivers being harmed by sunlight, (don't know why they bother in this country lol). A front window sun visor can be as dark as you like as long as it doesn't go lower than the extent of the wiper sweep.

Marc.W

RMS Regular
Drives
Lupo GTI
you can use bin liners if that’s your bag

fry-see-what-you-did-there1.jpg

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.