Resealing coilovers??

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

martywibbs

RMS Regular
Car was up for mot the other day and failed on leaking coilover.. Can they be resealed or will i have to buy a new one1? They are k-sport coilovrs but not sure on the model numbers.!! Anyone out there do this or point me in the right direction??

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Contact APex performance, they are the main distributor. They may rebuild or sell parts. But as they are cheap units, it might be almost as handy just to try and buy a single replacement unit.

But they should be rebuild able in some shape or form.

martywibbs

RMS Regular
OP
martywibbs
Cheers mate ill email them here and see what they say.!! Fir the mean time I have A spare set of rears in the garage.. Minus the springs tho.. Might be a stupid question but wud normal lowering springs work in the coilovers??

martywibbs

RMS Regular
OP
martywibbs
Ive compared the two together and the springs from the ksport are to short and will slap about in the others.!!

martywibbs

RMS Regular
OP
martywibbs
Lol that was a bit ofa brainfart to be honest lol bt wer can i get my hands on the right springs without havn to buy another set of coilovers!!

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
The right springs ?

If they are just normal 2.25" coilover springs, they are about the easiest springs in the world to buy.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.