RMS Trip to the Ring 2014

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
We are just setting sail from the Port of Hull. On a strict Motorsport diet of beer and crisps we are discussing tactics for tomorrow's ring action.

We should be in Rotterdam early in the morning, with some flat out autobahn awaiting and of course the legendary green hell that is the Nurburgring.

On this trip myself in the 335d, @Arfur in his Focus ST, @Paddy_R in his Clio 197 and ring veteran @nigelmcg in his Megane RS.

Updates as we go will follow.

Andy

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
@Amos ????

Have fun guys, feel free to sicken me with FB updates as you see fit ...

I reckon the torque of the devil juice car will work well out there actually Andy

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
This is very true of course and I as you know am not envious in the slightest...

Ian A

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Supremely jealous sitting here in front of 2 uni assignments.

Enjoy folks. (y)

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Still waiting for the accident to clear. Cooper is furiously studying a map of the circuit. Unfortunately i cant upload any pics... GTRs, 911's, etc galore. Petrol head heaven!

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
Been keeping a eye on the webcam, been closed a lot so far today.....
There have been a few long closures today but we are still getting the laps in don't worry.

image.jpg

Arfur

RMS Regular
Drives
ST170/Passat TDI
3 laps done.. 1st lap yee hah this place is awesome!! 2nd lap Calm down Arfur, stick to the plan and learn the track 3rd lap Overtaking ambulances..... should i be doing that???!!!! and oh sh!!!!! i forgot to fill with petrol.
Jingly noise in the exhaust, softish brakes and loving it... I'm moving here, Coopers opening an exclusive RMS only hotel and offered me the job of running it!:p

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Pads had seized to the caliper. Knew there was something wrong when @Arfur passed me on the autobahn at 200kph (according to the sat nav). Well that and the noise that was so bad Arfur thought it was his car making it! Might have to change the pads tomorrow.

Quick pic on route to the hotel (no idea why it's do dark though) :

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.